So I'm taking a break from my crocheting to participate for the first time in weeks. You should all feel privileged.
1. Are you a young heart or an old soul?
Oh, I'm definitely young at heart. Tell my arthritis that - it doesn't belong here!
2. What makes someone a best friend?
Someone who is loyal to a fault, a kindred spirit, and beyond what is reasonably intellectual is my BFF ;)
3. What Christmas present do you remember the most?
My CD of the Barenaked Ladies' "If I Had a Million Dollars" that Rob gave me when he asked me to marry him
4. Tell me a movie/song/TV show/playbook that has changed your life.
Eric Clapton's "Tears in Heaven" defined the last decade for me, way much more so than it did when it was first released.
5. Name one physical feature that you like about yourself and one that you dislike.
I love all of my facial features - my big, round eyes, my tiny little nose, my full lips - except for my chin. That is, I have no chin...
6. Can money buy happiness?
What's that they say? Money can't buy happiness, but it's a lot easier to cry in a Mercedes than on a bicycle? Eh, but no, it can't. Happiness comes from within.
7. What’s more important in a relationship: physical attraction or emotional connection?
The emotional connection is more lasting, but what is there if you don't have an immediate physical attraction?
8. Is there anyone close to you that you know you can’t trust?
No... or else they wouldn't be close to me!
9. Where was your favorite place to go when you were a little kid?
Inside my own mind. It was the only safe spot.
10. Have you spent a night in the hospital?
I've spent many a night in the hospital. Except for the mental hospital, I rather enjoyed it.
11. Do you enjoy being only with 1-2 friends or with a large group of people?
I prefer a smaller group, unless I really know everyone there very well. And even then...
12. Have you ever been bullied?
I have, yes. My bully's name was Sue Gullo. She was a huge bitch. I looked her up on Facebook once. I think she's, like, some kind of corrections officer or something. That's kind of telling, no?
13. If your partner wanted to wait until marriage until having sex, would you stay in that relationship?
Of course, duh
14. Do you believe in God?
Absolutely, I do.
15. Out of all the social networks in the world why use a blog?
My blog is my own little corner of the cybersphere, where I can say or do or think anything I want, and I can ban anyone who doesn't behave! Ha.
16. What is your quirkiest habit?
I'm hard-pressed to name just one. I don't know... I turn on and off my headlights about three times every time I get in the car, whether it's daylight out or not.
17. What is normal? Are you normal?
Normal is not something I choose to be, which isn't saying much, since I couldn't be if I tried.
18. Someone close to you is dying! You have the choice to let this person live for 10 more years but if you do you cause the death of 10 strangers.
I'm not that selfish.
19. What is one thing you could never forgive?
Hurting a child
20. When you’re alone in your own home, do you talk out loud to yourself?
Oh yes, I do, and usually a mile-a-minute
21. Who is your favorite super hero?
Superman. Christopher Reeve AS Superman, namely
22. Could you be in a long distance relationship?
I could; I have done that once or twice. The last time, I married the guy after two months of that crap.
23. Do you know what makes you happy?
Lots of things make me happy; I'm thankful to have discovered that.
24. Who was your first crush?
Dennis Boyce, in 3rd or 4th grade... he was soooo cute!!
25. Where is your favorite place to go out and eat?
There's an exclusive, upscale club in Norfolk, Virginia, that my husband I went to a couple of times. I'd go back to Virginia in a heartbeat just for the chance to go to that place again!
26. Are you an early bird or night owl?
27. Give me an unpopular opinion you have.
Okay, let's see... I don't believe Creationism and Evolution are mutually exclusive.
28. Do you believe in giving kids medals and trophies for participation?
No. I'm all for helping children develop a healthy sense of self-esteem, but I think that practice is counter-productive. Kids need to learn to crave intrinsic rewards, not symbols of their mediocrity.
29. What song best describes your life right now?
"Get a haircut, and get a real job," maybe??
30. How do you express your creativity?
I craft. I make. I create.
31. Describe your neighborhood.
Far better than the last one
32. Give me the story of your life in 6 words.
The Phoenix rising from the ashes