Link up here if you're playing along today!
Welcome to the first Saturday 9 of 2014!
I don't know. I thought it would be 30, but I'm not there yet at 37. Maybe my 40s? Maybe later? I'm waiting for that extra boost of confidence that I don't yet have.
2) Cher is as well known for her outrageous outfits as for her singing. What's the latest piece of clothing you added to your wardrobe?
It's a tangerine-colored maxi dress that I absolutely love, but I'm about 6" too short for it. I've tried eleventy different ways to wear it, from heels to cinching it up, but I think I'm just going to have to take it to get altered.
3) Cher credits her unique looks to her diverse ethnicity. Her father was Armenian and her mom is English/German/Cherokee. From where did your ancestors come?
I'm about a third Hungarian and English and 2/3 Pennsylvania Dutch/German. My grandfather on my dad's side came from Germany via the little-known Caribbean island of Saba, where a lot of my ancestors settled. They're all sea captains, and my dad's aunt - that grandfather's sister - wrote a book about them.
4) When she was a little girl, Cher produced and starred in a schoolyard production ofOklahoma. Were you involved in drama or theater in school?
I was. I acted in several musicals in my younger years, but I was too chicken to sing for an audition later on. My good friend Shana convinced me to join the drama club with her in our senior year, and I struggled with confidence then, too. I backed out of a performance on our opening night. Pretty lame.
5) Cher is open about her plastic surgery, speaking freely about having had her breasts 'done', her nose bobbed and her teeth straightened. If you could change one physical feature about yourself, which would it be? And what would you never change, under any circumstances?
I used to say I would get a chin, because I lack one with my tiny jaw, but I think I would leave my face alone. My husband thinks I'm pretty cute, so that is good enough for me. I'd totally get a boob job and a tummy tuck, though! Having four kids in fewer years than that, and nursing three of them for over a year, does a number on a woman's body!
6) There's a stubborn rumor, often denied, that Cher had a rib removed so that she could maintain her long and lean silhouette. What's the most outrageous thing anyone has said of you?
Oh, probably something my stepmother said about me when I was a child, but I don't want to explore that right now. I'm in my happy place!
7) When she was a kid, Cher practiced her autograph. Do you have a clear, legible signature? Or is it more of a scrawl?
I've recently changed my signature, within the past year. I don't know why; call it laziness, perhaps. It used to be much more legible, but now it's quite abbreviated and flourish-y.
8) Cher asks, "Do you believe in life after love?" Crazy Sam's question is easier and less profound: Do you believe in luck?
I don't think that's so unprofound. I don't, really. I believe it's all according to God's plan. I think it's all already laid out. I guess you could fit 'luck' into that description, but I don't.
9) Did you make any resolutions for 2014?
Not really. It's probably the first time in my life. I may still, but I haven't yet.