Link up here if you're playing along today!
Smelly Note: Just in case we're not friends on Facebook and you don't read here regularly, Hubs is having issues with his brain tumor stuff again and I haven't had much time to POST on this blog let alone visit others. I'm really sorry about that, but I want you to know I read and love and appreciate all of you who take the time to visit this one. I'll be back around as soon as I can!
The Generic Meme
1. What did you want to be when you were little?
I wanted to be a teacher and a librarian. In some ways, I am! (We homeschool.)
2. Would you prefer to have a large group of friends, or a small group of friends? Why?
I love what I have: A small group of really CLOSE friends, and a large group of really GREAT friends.
3. What is your fashion “style”? Or what type of clothes do you wear on a daily basis?
My style is evolving. When I was big, it was "whatever fits and is comfortable." I wear a lot of skirts and dresses now. I think I'd be edgy but preppy if I had the budget to buy a lot of nice clothes, though.
4. If you could live anywhere where would you live?
I'm happy right where I am, and I have no intention of moving anytime soon. (Miami)
5. What is your biggest hope for the next year?
I hope that my husband's brain tumor issues will be resolved, and he will get back to feeling, looking, and enjoying his regular ol' self again.
6. When you pass by reflective surfaces do you check yourself out?
Yeah, but I'm usually glowering at the shape (and bulges) of my body, rather than enjoying the view.
7. Favorite genre of movie as well as TV show?
Comedy all the way. I was born to laugh!
8. Top favorite books? (limit of 5)
My favorite book is Evergreen by Belva Plain. I read it for the first time in high school, and it has stuck with me all these years. I related to the main character so strongly.
9. Have you ever taken a cooking class?
I haven't, but it would be fun. My kids have, though, at Young Chef's Academy or whatever it's called, in Va Beach, and they always loved it.
10. What three words would you use to describe yourself?
Smart, funny, kooky
11. Favorite animal?
12. What is your dream job?
Honestly, I love what I do. I'm a wife first, a mom second, and I really do love mystery shopping. It keeps us hopping and we get to do so many fun things that we otherwise wouldn't be able to experience. I have a good life, and I love it. (Not gonna lie, though - I miss being a scientist almost every day.)
13. If you could go back in history to any moment that you did not live, what would it be and why?
I'd go to a 50s sock hop, because how fun would that be?!
14. If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Why?
I would be able to fly. I'm always dreaming of myself flying around, and it's a combination of elation and terror that is so exciting and real when I wake up. I'd love to be able to experience soaring above everything, up, up, higher and higher, into the sky.
15. What is your favorite movie?
16. What is your best childhood memory?
My mom was alive, so I had to be very young, maybe 3 or 4, and she would play house with my older sister and me. She would always be the baby, crawling around sucking her thumb, and I used to think she was so funny! I remember one time getting really close in her face and examining her crooked teeth. I thought my mother was so beautiful. Really, though, every memory I have of my mother is so meaningful to me, and I cherish each one. There are so few.
17. What is your favorite part about blogging?
I love just being able to express myself. I'm not the best speaker, but I'm a decent writer, and I feel much more well-understood in written form.
18. What is your favorite quote?
I'm not much of a quote person, so I'll just quote my Facebook tagline: "I like cheese." (And I mean that in every sense of the word!)
19. What song do you feel describes your life the best? Why?
Maybe it should be R. Kelly's "I Believe I Can Fly," based on that previous answer, but I kid. I think "Trees" by Marty... ugh, I can't remember his name right now, and my whole iTunes got deleted. I'll get back to you.
20. Would you describe yourself as shy or outgoing?
Many people who "read" me online don't believe this, but I'm super-shy. I always have been. I remember hiding behind my mother's legs, and my dad chastising me, "Mellie-Ann, don't be so bashful!" I'll probably never grow out of it.