Link up here if you're playing along today!
Saturday 9: Rubber Ducky (1970)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This song is sung by Muppet Ernie. Who's your favorite Muppet?
Swedish Chef! (And I have to say, it cracks me up that this is this week's song. Hee.)
2) Ernie became famous on PBS's Sesame Street. What public television shows do you watch?
I don't watch any TV unless we're at someone's house with tv, or in a hotel or something. We don't get tv service at home.
3) When you were a little kid, what was your favorite TV show?
The Dukes of Hazzard
4) On Sesame Street, Ernie frequently teases his best friend Bert by stealing his nose. Do you enjoy practical jokes?
I enjoy being teased by my husband. It cracks me up immensely, and I'm grateful that, despite his many difficulties, he's still able to do this. As for practical jokes, I haven't had too many played on me. I have a feeling I'd act like a total ass if something happened to me!!
5) Sesame Street creators developed carefree Ernie and serious Bert to show children that different types of people can be good friends. Think about your closest friend. Tell us how you two differ.
Dr. Lisa is a good, moral, upstanding Christian who rarely swears and doesn't say "wrong" things. I try to be like that, but I fail on the regular.
6) Bert and Ernie share a basement apartment on Sesame Street. Tell us about the basement of the building you're in right now.
We live in Miami-Dade County. I haven't seen a basement in Florida in... ever.
7) Ernie and Bert were created by Jim Henson. In addition to being an accomplished puppeteer, Mr. Henson was also a talented cartoonist. Can you draw?
I do okay, but I'm not fabulous at it. My daughter, Sophia, is really emerging as an excellent cartoonist and drawist (drawer??); I try to encourage that by supplying her with all the paper she can handle!
8) Jim Henson made his first puppets himself using felt, foam rubber, string and rods -- all items that can be purchased at an arts and crafts store. When is the last time you shopped in an arts and crafts store?
A month or so ago, at Michael's. We bought a shark costume for my daughter Chloe's pet cat, but it turned out Pepper was WAAAAY too big for the costume, and I had to take it back. He's not fat. He's just... fluffy.
9) When is the last time you took a bath (as opposed to a shower)?
Two days ago. I take baths regularly because I'm anemic and always cold, and the baths help warm me up, albeit temporarily.
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend.