saturday 9: All About That Bass
16 November 2014
Link up here if you played along this weekend!
First, let me say, I´m in Playa del Carmen, Mexico, and the keyboard is completely different from what I´m used to... it´s slow-going and frustrating. Gah!! And I can´t seem to insert photos, so... we´ll just have to add that later. ;)
(A special request from Smellyann) (which is weird because I don´t remember requesting it and now, knowing how hurtful this song is for my daughter, I never would!! LOL)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This song is body positive. In that spirit: What physical feature would you never change, no matter what?
2) The lyrics mention how often the media uses Photoshop to present a more ideal female form. Is Photoshop on your computer? If so, do you know how to use it?
3) She also sings about Mattel's Barbie doll. According to Toys R Us, this year's best-selling doll is not Barbie but Disney's Elsa. Have you seen Frozen?
4) In the video, Meghan dances merrily around her twin bed with its pink head/footboard. Describe your bed to us.
5) Ms. Trainor began writing songs when she was 11. Would you find it easier to write lyrics or music?
Definitely lyrics. I actually wrote a song in junior high, where I did the lyrics and my friend Shana wrote the music. We were all supposed to sing on it in her dad´s recording studio... but I was grounded and couldn´t go. I still have the tape.
6) Meghan recently performed "All About that Bass" on the CMAs with country star Miranda Lambert. Who is your favorite country singer?
That´s just not in my wheelhouse. I hate country, so I can´t answer that question.
7) In September, Meghan had to cancel several concerts because of throat trouble. Are you battling a cold, cough or sore throat this morning?
No, thankfully, or our Cancunian vacay would probably have been a lot less pleasant!
8) Meghan was born in Nantucket, MA. "Nantucket" is an Algonquian name that means, "faraway island." How did your town get its name/what does it mean?
I´ll answer for Miami, which got its name from the Miyami (sp?) Indians. We´re studying Native Americans this year in our homeschool, and we recently went to the ancient grounds of the Tequesta, in downtown Miami. It was supercool.
9) According to the National Weather Service, between rain and snow, winter brings Nantucket the most precipitation it sees all year. How is the weather where you are today?
It rained all day yesterday, but today is a balmy 81 degrees. Quite muggy, but I don´t think we´ll see rain. We´re going home today, and I expect Miami´s weather to be quite the same.
Thanks for stopping by!