Saturday 9: Welcome To My Nightmare
01 November 2014
Link up here if you're playing along today!
Saturday 9: Welcome to My Nightmare (1975)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) Tell us about a bad dream you've had.
Recently, I woke my kids up when I was screaming in my sleep. They ran out to see if I was okay. I remember the dream vividly: in it, my best friend turned on me and stabbed me to death. That's the short version. It's the first time I've actually died in a dream. I thought you weren't supposed to be able to do that?!
2) Sam is not crazy about spiders. What frightens you, or gives you "the creeps?"
Mustard. Ugh, ick, eww.
3) This week's featured artist, Alice Cooper, has always liked to dress up. Performing as Alice, he wears garish eye makeup. In his first group, he and his bandmates dressed as the Beatles. Will you be wearing a costume this weekend?
I dressed up to go to a kids' Halloween party tonight. I was Urban Smurf: black slouchy hat, black pants, and green shirt. LOL
4) Alice says his makeup was inspired by Bette Davis in his favorite horror movie, Whatever Happened to Baby Jane? This Halloween weekend, will you seek out horror movies and scary TV shows, or will you avoid them?
Avoidance is the key for me, unless I want to have more very bad dreams! I am such a chicken about horror movies.
5) Born Vincent Furnier, Alice used to tell reporters that he and his band got the name Alice Cooper from a Oujia board. Have you ever tried a Oujia board?
I think maybe once? I really can't remember. I don't believe in that crap.
6) Alice and his band (also called Alice Cooper) were discovered by music manager Shep Gordon while playing in Venice, California. Have you ever visited Venice, California or Venice, Italy?
We visited Venice, Italy, on our 2008 Mediterranean cruise. I have never been to the California Venice.
7) In 1970s England, a morality campaigner named Mary Whitehouse persuaded the BBC to ban Alice Cooper. The ensuing publicity resulted in such a bump in record sales that Alice sent Ms. Whitehouse flowers. Do you believe in censorship? Or should adults be able to choose to see/hear whatever they wish?
Adults should be able to censor their own media consumption. Except in the case of child pornography. :\
8) Today Alice has a popular syndicated radio show, Nights with Alice Cooper. Listeners all over the United States, Germany, Denmark, New Zealand, and the UK hear him introduced as, "a man for whom even Dr. Phil has no cure." Do you watch Dr. Phil?
I have, a few times, but not lately and not regularly
9) Did you get many trick or treaters this year? What candy did you give them?
We didn't hand out candy this year, and I regret it! We got maybe 2 trick-or-treaters last year, and my kids got all the rest. I didn't want that to happen again... sure enough, there were tons of kids in our neighborhood this year. Of course!
Thanks for stopping by!