Link up here if you're playing along today!
That moment when every thought of your future moments includes that other person, and you can't imagine life without them...
2) This 1957 album was the first Diahann Carroll ever recorded. More recently she recorded "A, You're Adorable," a nursery rhyme. (The lyrics are here.) Give us some words to a children's song that remain in your head to this day.
I'd rather repeat the poem my grandpa was so proud I learned from him in an afternoon:
One bright morning, in the middle of the night
Two dead boys got up to fight
Back to back, they faced each other,
Drew their swords and shot each other.
A deaf policeman heard the noise
And came to kill those two dead boys.
3) 1957 was the peak of the Baby Boom (1946 to 1964). Are you a Boomer, a Gen X-er, a Gen Y-er, or a Millennial?
I guess I'm a Gen X-er, but really I don't know. I'm just me.
4) In 1974, Diahann was named to the Best Coiffed Hall of Fame by the Guild of Professional Beauticians. How often do you change your look?
What a silly distinction. Haha! I change it all the time, but I think I still look the same. Huh.
5) Ms. Carroll made history as Julia in the first network TV show to star a black woman. She played a nurse. Do you/have you ever worked in the healthcare profession?
Yes and no. I was a live-in night nurse for a quadriplegic man back in my college days, but... nothing professional.
6) She also played glamorous, scheming Dominique Deveraux on the nighttime soap, Dynasty. Who is the most memorable female villain you've ever seen in a TV show or movie?
Mommy Dearest had the biggest impact on me. Maybe because I lived it!
7) Ms. Carroll began her career as a model. Her height (nearly 6' tall) is an asset in that profession. Are you pleased with your height? Or do you wish you were taller, or shorter?
I'm happy with being 5'2". I just wish I was waif-thin.
8) Now in her 80th year, she keeps on working. Recently she's appeared on TV in Grey's Anatomy and Blue Collar and on the big screen in Tyler Perry Presents Peeples. How do you feel about retirement? Is it something you enjoy or look forward to? Or would you prefer to continue working?
Work, retire, die... what a thrill. I don't know that I am living that "dream" right now, anyway.
9) In her long movie career, Ms. Carroll has played love scenes with some very good looking men, including Sidney Poitier and Billy Dee Williams. If you could steal a kiss from any actor or actress, who would choose?
Matt Damon!!! Love, love, love that beautiful man...
...on that note! ;)