Saturday 9: Freeway of Love
23 February 2015
So, we were out of town in Orlando since Thursday morning and didn't get home until Sunday afternoon. Here I am, late as usual! Link up here if you're playing along this week.
Saturday 9: Freeway of Love (1985)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) In this song, Aretha's ideal car is a pink Caddy. What's your dream vehicle?
I would like a Smart car, or a little red Mazda Miata convertible. Something itty-bitty and too cute.
2) Have you ever owned a convertible?
No, but I used to take my dad's for joyrides around his small town! ;)
3) Aretha longs to "drop the pedal and go." Are you a careful, conservative driver? Or do you enjoy going fast?
You can be careful and fast, right? (I guess that answers that.)
4) Aretha's grandmother Rachel helped raise her. Tell us about one of your grandparents.
My grandmother was amazing. Despite her many health problems, she cared more about my sister and me than I could ever begin to guess. She always - always - had our best interests at heart. Between her and Grandpa, they pretty much made all of my good childhood memories after Mom died. They were the best.
5) Aretha played a waitress in the 1980 movie, The Blues Brothers. Have you ever worked in food service?
There used to be a resort called The Colony Beach and Tennis Resort on Longboat Key off Sarasota, Florida. I worked in catering on the side there, while I did my internship at Mote Marine Lab. And I tell you what, being a server is hard work - and I was pretty awful at it.
6) Aretha was a chain smoker for decades and had a terrible time giving up cigarettes. What habit do you wish you could break?
I wish I could quit drinking Diet Coke, once and for all! I drink many gallons per day. :/
7) A sculpture of Aretha is at Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum in New York City. What's the last museum you visited?
Hmm, it's been a while since I've been to a museum. I'm not sure?!
8) Since Aretha has many honorary degrees, it would be appropriate to refer to her as Dr. Franklin. Who is the last person you addressed by his or her title (Officer, Father, Pastor, Dr., etc.)?
That would be the doctor at the emergency room I visited in Orlando on Saturday night. He was pretty awesome.
9) The daughter of a minister, Aretha enjoys singing "church music" and her 1972 CD Amazing Grace is one of the best sellers in gospel music history. Do you have any gospel music on your phone, iPod or MP3 player?
Nope. I like it once in a great while, in small doses, but not enough to download onto a device, I guess.
Thanks for stopping by!