What a weekend so far! Hubs and I both had emergency department visits at two different hospitals, both had CT scans, both put on oral steroids, and that was the opposite of fun. Hopefully today, the 12th birthday of our twin sons, will much more fun.
Join us by linking up here - even if you're late to play, like I am!
Saturday 9: It's Not Unusual (1965)Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Check here.1) In this song, Tom sings that "it's not unusual to go out at any time." Will you be "out and about" this weekend?
Because Hubs had another "episode," as I now call them, with neurological issues following removal of his cerebellar cavernous hemangioma last year, I anticipated he'd be admitted to the hospital for further testing and evaluation. Friends of ours came down from Fort Lauderdale to pick up our three wee ones from the hospital last night... but to my surprise, Hubs was discharged at 3 AM!
So for Jack's birthday, he's with the girl he "loves," their daughter Kira... hehe. Anyway, long story short, I have to go pick them up. His big celebration is scheduled for Tuesday, and it involves the excitement at which I hinted in recent weeks in this blahg.
2) Before his music career took off, Tom supported himself and his young family by working as a vacuum cleaner salesman. Could the room you're in right now benefit from a thorough cleaning with a vacuum?
Oh, hell yes. If I had the money, I'd hire a live-in to keep the house spotless at all times. However, I don't, and it's not.
3) You can purchase a verified Tom Jones autograph on eBay for $299 (or the best offer). When you were growing up, did you collect signatures and sayings from your friends? (Autograph book? Yearbook? Cast?)
I never broke any bones in school, so no casts, but I've signed my share of them. I do still have all my school yearbooks, however.
4) At the height of his popularity, female fans would throw their panties onstage at Tom Jones. Sam can't imagine doing this, and not just because she's not that crazy about Tom Jones. She'd be embarrassed because her underwear drawer could use a serious refresh. If you could choose one new article of clothing to add to your wardrobe today, what would it be?
5) "Tom Jones" is also the name of character in a famous 18th century novel. Tell us about a character from a book you wish you were friends with in real life.
I think Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn would be a scream to know in real life!
6) When this song was popular in March 1965, Sarah Jessica Parker of Sex and the City fame was born. Do you share your birthday with anyone famous?
Famous people who share my September 8th birthday include cinema dude David Arquette and songstress P!nk. No one I've heard of shares my 1976 year too, though (it's mostly athletes, so... duh).
7) Also in 1965, when this song was a hit, Americans were riveted by the Gemini space program and children all over the country wanted to be astronauts. Think back to your childhood: When you were in first or second grade, what did you want to be when you grew up?
At that age, I wanted to be a librarian, with glasses and a big bun in my hair. I planned to wear button-down blouses and pleated skirts every single day. Hahaha!
8) Fifty years ago, the most popular headache reliever was aspirin, and you could buy a bottle of 200 tablets for just $1. Do you have any aspirin in your medicine chest right now?
Hubs probably has some in one of his 17 First Aid kits, for heart attacks, but other than that I don't stock it regularly. I wouldn't want to risk Reye's Syndrome with one of the kiddos.
9) Random question: You've just entered a public restroom. Would you rather find a paper towel dispenser or hot air hand dryer?
It depends. I've made no secret of my disdain for those awful Dyson hand dryers - and all Dyson products, really, because they truly don't work as well as their price tags indicate they ought to - but I like that one hot air dryer that blows really hard and loudly (can't think of the name but there is an "x" in it)! If it's a Dyson up-and-down stupid hand thingy, I look for paper towels as an alternative.
Thanks for stopping by!