Did y'all know Ed Sheeran was my boyfriend? He totally IS!! He does not know yet, so shhhh....!
Anyway, link up here if you're playing along today. (Hey, it's 11:54 PM right now, so technically it's still Saturday. I win!)
Saturday 9: Thinking Out Loud (2014)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This week's featured artist, Ed Sheeran, was discovered by Elton John. Tell us your favorite Elton John song.
Oh no, that's way too hard. I'm going to have to go with "Sad Songs," because, you know, they say so much.
2) Ed's arms are covered in tattoos, so clearly he doesn't suffer from trypanophobia, or the fear of needles. Do you get nervous when the doctor gives you a shot?
I don't get nervous, but I do have to look away when the needle goes in. I just donated my O- blood tonight, woohoo!
3) One of his tattoos depicts a Heinz Tomato Ketchup label. What condiments are in your kitchen right now?
I hate condiments, except I do have to put mayo in my egg and tuna salad, and I dip my shrimp and Krab into cocktail sauce. So there are those. The rest are Hubs' Miracle Whip, various kinds of mustard (eww), ketchup for the kids' fries of French, myriad salad dressings we rarely use, and if it counts, tahini for when I make hummus.
4) Spotify named Sheeran the most-streamed artist in the world for 2014. Do you use Spotify? Pandora?
I don't, I stream I ♥ Radio nearly 24/7 unless the television is on, and sometimes even then.
5) Ed celebrated his success by purchasing a farm near Suffolk, England. Would you prefer to live in a rural, suburban or urban area?
I'm a city girl. I do like to visit the country, but I wouldn't want to live there. We live in Homestead, Florida, in the butt-crack of Miami-Dade County. If you drive to the other side of US1, our main thoroughfare here in Miami aside from the Florida Turnpike, then it's all farmland. I mean, with the palm trees, it's like a Tropical Iowa out there. Best of both worlds. #WINNING!
6) In this song, Ed sings about kissing "under the light of one thousand stars." Were you able to see the stars last night? Or was it it too cloudy or overcast?
It was pouring rain last night when I got home from visiting Hubs in the hospital, where he's been admitted since Wednesday afternoon and will remain until God Knows When. After the hospital, I picked up the kids and drove them to the Easter Egg Hunt at the local YMCA, but we just missed it before the rain shut it down. So to make up for the big bummer, I drove them to Menchie's for FroYo instead. More #WINNING!!! ;) Then I went to sleep the moment we got home, and I didn't wake up until 1:30 PM today. Oops...
7) Ed is a natural red head, a trait he shares with only about 2% of the population. Does red hair run in your family?
Semi-sorta-kinda. My hair is red, but it's really mousy brown and I dye it auburn. Hubs' and Chloë's hair has reddish tints to it.
On the other hand, my older sister who will be FORTY YEARS OLD (!!!!) in three weeks, married a Ginger, and their younger daughter is also a Ginger. Stacey and their older daughter are blondes. Yeah. They must use a lot of sunscreen over there.
8) One of Clairol's most popular shades is a red (Nice 'n Easy Natural Light Auburn). Have you/would you dye your hair?
Every month, give or take, since May of 1995, I have dyed my hair. My good friend Erin who literally JUST had a beautiful baby boy (Aiden James - congrats Erin and Brian!!! ♥) used to call my brown hair "hair-colored hair," and I wanted a better color than that!
9) Random question: Look at the windows in the room you're in. Are they covered in curtains or blinds?
Venetian blinds on all windows in our abode; no curtains, kinda blah.
See ya in Sunday Stealing, gather up!