Link up here if you're playing along today!
Saturday 9: Daddy's Little Man (1969)
... because it's Father's Day weekend
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This song is about an afternoon visit between a father and son. What are your plans for Saturday afternoon?
2) The lyrics talks about enjoying an ice cream cone. Do you have any ice cream in your freezer right now?
3) Sam's father hates it when she swears. When is the last time you cursed?
4) In a recent ranking of movie dads, Mufasa (Lion King) and Atticus (To Kill a Mockingbird) got very high marks. Who is your favorite movie or TV father?
5) Sam's own father often traveled for business, and always remembered to bring her the little complimentary soaps, shampoos or body lotion he got from the hotel. When you take a trip, do you bring back souvenirs?
6) Back when Sam was in high school, it was her father who gave her driving lessons. Who taught you how to drive?
7) Sam's own father is easy to buy for: every year he wants a new pair of loafers, so every year for Father's Day she gives him a DSW gift card. Would you rather receive a gift that someone chose, even though it might not be just right, or do you prefer a gift card or cash so you can get exactly what you want?
8) For family barbecues, Sam's dad dons his "Kiss the Chef" apron and mans the Weber. What's the last thing you cooked on the grill?
9) Sam's father satisfies his afternoon sugar craving with an almost endless stream of Butter Rum Lifesavers. When you crave a snack, do you usually want something sweet or salty?
It completely varies. Lately, I have been enjoying a small bag of lemon-flavored plantain chips. They are super good - but it has to be just this right brand, which I've only ever found for about a buck in certain vending machines. Other brands just don't measure up.
Fun questions this week; thanks, Sam!