Saturday 9: You're No Good
07 June 2015
Link up here if you're playing along!
Saturday 9: You're No Good (1974) ... because Harriet suggested Linda Ronstadt
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This week's featured artist, Linda Ronstadt, turns 69 next month. Will you be celebrating any family/friend birthdays this summer?
Yup. My dad turns 73 at the end of July, and Hubs will be 43 at the end of August. My oldest kiddo, Chloë, will be 14 on September 7th, and I'll turn 39 a day later.
2) Linda sings that she's learned her lesson and it's left a scar. Tell us how you got one of your scars.
I have three scars, one on top of the other but not exactly in the same line, from my three emergent c-sections.
3) This song is about a lover who is, obviously, no good. Let's be more positive. Who is the nicest person you know?
Hmm. I know plenty of people who are really nice a LOT of the time, but I don't know anybody who is really nice ALL the time. Is anyone?
4) Linda says that she grew up on Mexican music, which was sung by her entire family. Do you speak any Spanish?
Yes, quite a lot, actually.
5) She toured often throughout her career and is quoted as saying, "They haven't invented a word for that loneliness that everybody goes through on the road." Are you missing someone right now?
I'm always missing people, but right this very second, at this moment in time, I'm all right with that.
6) Ms. Ronstadt was once involved with George Lucas of Star Wars fame. Who is your favorite Star Wars character?
I like C3PO and R2D2 best.
7) In 1974, when this song was a hit, The Magic 8 Ball was still a top-seller at toy stores. It retailed for just $1.99, and promised that all you had to do was gaze at it, concentrate, and wait to learn your fate ... "if you dare!" If you could get an answer to one question about the future, what would you ask?
I would ask if I have an autoimmune disorder, as it seems likely that I do... but we'll find out soon enough.
8) 1974 is the year when Mikhail Baryshnikov defected to the United States. Have you ever been to the ballet?
Really? I thought that happened in my lifetime. Yes, I have, to see The Nutcracker.
9) Random question: What's your shoe size?
It's about 5½-6 Women's, depending on the brand of shoe. I have silly-small feet.
Thanks for stopping by!