Playing along this weekend? Link up here with the rest of us!
Saturday 9: Bubbly (2007)
... because Jodi suggested Colbie Caillat
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) Singer Colbie Caillat says this song was inspired by a trip to "the beach and having a wonderful day with a person you like." Have you been to the beach yet this summer?
Kinda silly, since we live minutes from a local beach, but no, I don't believe we have!
2) Are you careful about applying sunscreen?
I could stand to be more vigilant about it, but I am with my kids, so... I'm halfway there.
3) Colbie made her TV debut in a 2009 episode of Saturday Night Live. Are you a big SNL fan?
Once upon a time, I was, but things have changed for me, and I hardly ever watch it anymore. Probably not at all this whole last season.
4) "Bubbly" is often a synonym for champagne. When's the last time you enjoyed a glass of bubbly?
For Thanksgiving breakfast this past November, Hubs, my dad and I enjoyed mimosas. That was an interesting morning, since all three of us are lightweights!
5) Colbie sang the National Anthem at the third game of the Red Sox/Cardinals World Series in 2013. How is your favorite baseball team doing so far this season?
You imply that I have one; I really don't.
6) In 2005, Ms. Caillat tried out for Season 4 of American Idol but was eliminated very early in the process, before she could even audition for Simon, Paula and Randy. The winner that year was Carrie Underwood. Are you a Carrie Underwood fan?
I could really take her or leave her. I do think she's beautiful and has great singing talent; I'm just not a country fan.
7) In 2007, when "Bubbly" was popular, actress Yvonne de Carlo died. She was best known as Lily on The Munsters. If you had to choose (and yes, this Saturday you have to), would you rather hang out with Lily Munster or Morticia Addams?
Hmmm... I think Lily and the rest of the Munster clan would be more fun. I'll go with her.
8) In 2007, MySpace was faced with a serious challenge from Facebook, and it's obvious which social network won. Did you have a MySpace account? If so, do you still post to it?
I did, yes, but don't make me laugh about whether I still post on it. Is it even still active?
9) Random question: Which have you had longer, your ironing board or your plunger?
The plunger is older. It moved here with us from Virginia Beach, whereas I had to replace our ironing board when we got here. That was random, haha!
Thanks for visiting!