Sunday Stealing: I Want To Be Famous Meme
12 July 2015
Are you stealing along with us today? Link up here to join in the fray!
2. Before making a telephone call, do you ever rehearse what you are going to say? Why?
When it's important that I be clearly understood, I try to rehearse it. Then I make the call and bumble my way through it anyway. Eh. I should probably learn something from that, huh?
3. What would constitute a “perfect” day for you?
My perfect day would, first and foremost, be spent with Hubs and the kids. Everyone would be in a great mood. Maybe we would be doing something new and adventurous, something which none of us had ever done before. Maybe just trying exotic, new foods, or maybe something more physical. It doesn't matter what we do so much as with whom I'm doing it.
4. When did you last sing to yourself? To someone else?
To myself? All the time. Daily. To someone else? Well, yesterday I was driving home when one of Hubs' and my songs came on the radio: Tracy Chapman's "Give Me One Reason." I urged him to come outside, as I was rounding the corner to our home, and he rushed out. I turned the radio up loud, hopped out of the car, and embraced him, singing along with Tracy to my darling husband.
5. If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the mind or body of a 30-year-old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you want?
Definitely the mind. No 'bout a-doubt it!
6. Do you have a secret hunch about how you will die?
No, not really (didn't we already do this meme??), but I would love to die by shark attack. That would be a great story for my descendants, no?
7. For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
I am most grateful for having everything I could have ever wanted in a husband, and for the truly delightful children we have together. ♥
8. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
Um, does everything count? How 'bout less fighting, violence, and dirty-conscience gifts, and more, y'know, LOVE? That.
9. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be?
I would wake up with the ability to fly. That could happen, right?
10. If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future or anything else, what would you want to know?
I don't think I would want to know. I like surprises.
11. What does friendship mean to you?
It's important. I don't know what more you want me to say than that?! I adore my friends with all my heart.
12. What roles do love and affection play in your life?
I have freakishly short arms to Hubs' freakishly long ones, so we have an ongoing joke about me being a T-Rex... anywho, what roles? Erm, uh, I have them, and I'm truly grateful for them, and I try to return those feelings tenfold. Is that an appropriate answer? (I don't know what my current confusion problem is, but I suspect it has something to do with being a bit high on migraine meds right now...)
13. When did you last laugh?
Just now at Hubs. We have another inside joke about him not sneezing the "required" three times - and no more - and he just sneezed. Once. Then he said, "You heard me. I don't need to repeat myself." He's an amusing chap. Maybe you had to be there?
14. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
I'm definitely a night owl. I rolled out of, well, couch after the crack of noon today.
15. Seen anything weird lately?
If you ever meet my family, including myself but especially my 10yo daughter, Sophia, you would realize that I see weird things so often, it's stranger to see "normal" stuff.
And that's all she wrote, people!