Stealing along with the rest of us thieves? Link up here to join in the fray!
Cheers to all of us thieves!!!
Let's Not Be Difficult Meme
I like my books to be more dramatic and thought-provoking, but comedy is my favorite movie genre. I'm not married to any one style, though. Just, please, no sci-fi for me.
2. What’s more important, first impressions or lasting impact?
I would say they're pretty evenly matched in importance. If you don't make (or get) a good first impression, then you might not get a chance to have a lasting impact on someone. However, like the photo, first impressions can be deceiving, so... some folks are worth the second chance.
3. Order these areas of psychological health from what you need the least improvement into what you need the most improvement in: physical, emotional, social, intellectual, environmental, spiritual.
Well, that's not subjective much, is it? ;) Let's see. Least to most improvement: intellectual, environmental, social, spiritual, physical, emotional. Feel free to disagree, reader-people.
4. Do you react appropriately to things and control your feelings?
I have a diagnosis of Bipolar I With Psychosis. If I take my meds, on time, every day, I can control my feelings more than I might even like. However, take 'em late - even by an hour - and woohoo! We're swinging wildly through the emotions now! (It's not fun.)
5. Do you have stable relationships?
I mentioned the bipolar disorder, right? Stability is a myth. However... I've been married for nearly 15 years, I'm still chums with many of my childhood pals, and my children profess to love me. Ah, the miracle of modern chemistry!
6. Do you need to be in a relationship to feel good about yourself?
Nope. I've had several relationships in which I've felt horrible about myself. A wise friend once told me, "You've got to be a good single before you can be part of a great couple." I think she was right.
7. Which is the clearest and most concise: your thoughts, your speech, or your writing? Which is the least clear and concise?
My writing is the most clear. My speech is the least. My thoughts are closer to speech than writing in clarity. Nothing about me is concise. I'm a "to-make-a-short-story-long" type of gal. (Sorry, Hubs.)
8. Are you always trying to learn new things?
Absolutely! Definitely! Of course! (I mean, yes. See? I'm not concise.)
9. Do you feel at peace?
Inner peace is like stability for me. It's an unattainable goal, but it's still on the list.
10. Do you have strong morals and ethics that you believe in and adhere to?
Eh. I strive to. I f**k up a lot, but I aim higher each time. Hi, I'm human.
11. Do you think of the needs of all humanity or just the needs of yourself and those you know?
I thought this meme was not supposed to be difficult? Haha! I see what you did there. I try to think of the greater good before myself, but if you hurt one of my babies, Mama Bear is coming out in full force!
12. Do you recycle?
13. Are you active in your community?
Kinda, sorta? Okay, no, not really.
14. Are you sensitive to the needs of others?
I would consider myself extremely sensitive to the needs of others. But, I'm also lazy. The two qualities don't always play well together.
15. Do you dress up to go out?
I wear a dress or skirt 90% of the time, I bathe and fix my hair every day. I usually put on mascara, at least. So when I'm going out, there's a good chance I'm decked out pretty well. At least, that's my hope!
16. What could make you lose respect for someone?
Abuse of... you name it. That pretty much does it.
17. If you won $1,000 every week until you die, would you still go to work?
Nope, to quit being a stay-home mom, I'd have to go get an outside-the-home job. And, uh, that's paradoxical to your question. -Ish.
18. What trend has been getting on your nerves lately?
Reporting celeb news, like whatever the Kartrashians are doing today, as "real" news. Like, really, as if, and stuff.
19. Do you forgive yourself when you make a mistake?
Nope, not my forte, not at all.
20. Is ignorance really bliss?
For the ignorant folks, sure, but for the rest of us, it's a pain in the arse! ;)
21. What can be described as ‘even better than the real thing’?
Really. I don't. :\
22. What’s in your wallet right now?
Let's see, here: I have $14 and some coinage I don't wanna count right now. Three debit cards from three different financial institutions. My Virginia driver license (tsk tsk, still haven't changed it to Florida) and my retired-dependent military ID. And a gift card to The Cheesecake Factory that I STILL HAVEN'T SPENT.
Oh, and some random Burger King coupon. I don't even like Burger King. Hmm. Clever product placement by a certain ten-year-old daughter of mine?!
23. Do you write letters that you never send?
No, because I try not to be passive-aggressive. I know someone who is utterly and completely passive-aggressive like that, and it bugs the ever-living shit out of me. Just send the letter already, or don't bother. Meh. I really don't know why I'm getting all worked up over this question. Moving along...!
24. Do you ever get the feeling people are laughing at you?
Yup, I get that feeling ALL the time. I'm completely self-conscious when people are laughing; I think it's at me pretty much 100% of the time. Sucks.
25. Who’s the one person you’d like to drop a house on?
Currently, Jeb Bush is the frontrunner for that honor, but only since you specified one person and, you know, not the entire GOP...
Welp, kids, thanks for stopping by!