Saturday 9: Chuck E's In Love
11 December 2015
Hey, guys and dolls! Welcome back for another fun weekend of Saturday 9 and Sunday Stealing posts! Link up here if you'd like to join in on the Sat9 fun this week!
Saturday 9: Chuck E.'s in Love (1979)
Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.
1) In this song, Chuck E.'s friends look for him at the pool hall and the drugstore. If we want to find you on a Saturday afternoon, where should we look?
It depends on the Saturday! For instance, this weekend, our afternoon will be spent at The Falls (a fairly cool local mall) having cookies with Santa, followed by the Christmas party at the stables where my daughter Sophia takes her horsey-ridin' lessons.
2) The lyrics tell us his friends know something is up with Chuck E because he's even combed his hair. So here's a question about your hair: do you usually use a blow dryer or let it air dry?
My cut is pretty much wash-and-go, so I let it air dry. However, when I want it to look really nice, I blow-dry it and use a flat iron to make it sleeker.
3) In this song, Ricki Lee sings that she spotted Chuck E. at the Pantages, a grand old Los Angeles theater. Nearly 100 years old, the Pantages was originally a movie palace and was renovated in the 1980s for concerts and theatrical productions. Tell us about a cool landmark in your town.
Here in Homestead, FL, in the Redlands farming area of town, we have the famous Knaus Berry Farm. I have yet to take the family, but it is crucial we get there to go for not only some berry-picking, but their cinnamon rolls are apparently to-die-for, too! YUM!
5) Rickie Lee was once married to a French musician named Pascal Nabet-Meyer. Say something to us in French.
6) When her popularity was at its height, Rickie Lee appeared on the cover of Rolling Stone twice. Who have you seen on a recent magazine cover?
7) Rolling Stone called Rickie Lee "the duchess of cool." Who is the coolest person you know?
9) Rickie Lee moved to New Orleans, a city she fell in love with after a visit. Have you ever gone to a vacation spot and wished you could just stay there forever?