Link up here if you're playing along today!
In honor of Valentine's Day
1) The very popular tagline for this movie is, "Love means never having to say you're sorry." Here's your chance to rewrite it. "Love means _____________________."
2) The movie was famous for a montage of the lovers frolicking in the snow. Do you enjoy sledding, skating, skiing, snowball fights, snowmen, etc.? Or do you just want spring to hurry up and get here?
No. Nope, non, no way, José! I hate the snow. It's been down below 50ºF here this year, and believe me, that was absolutely frigid to my already-thinned blood!
3) In the movie, Oliver asks his father for $5,000. The money is required for wife Jenny's hospital treatment, but Oliver is too proud to tell his father why he needs it. Adjusted for inflation, $5,000 in 1970 is $30,000 today. How much would you be willing to lend a friend or family member without knowing the reason?
Pffft. It depends on how much I could lend. If I was a gazillionaire, things might be different. But right now, five bucks is a lot when I'm trying to feed three kids...
4) In the movie, Jenny is the daughter of a baker who owns a little shop in Cranston, Rhode Island. Think of the last baked goods you consumed. Were they homemade? Did you buy them from a bakery, the grocery store, or a coffee shop, like Starbucks?
I've been doing a ton of cooking lately, and I also happen to have a pantry full of baking mixes for no real good reason. I decided to make a big meal with cake for dessert last night. My nearly-13yo son, Jack, wanted to help me, but since he has helped me so much already, I told him he could do it by himself while I washed the dishes. He did a beautiful job, maybe better than I would have myself! I loved the look of concentration on his face while he was frosting it. (True to form, too, he's been keeping track of how fast that thing is disappearing today!)
All of them!
6) Now 75, Ali MacGraw has let her famous hair go gray. She says she's glad to "look like a grown up." Do you feel your age? Or older or younger than your years?
This past year has been really tough on me, physically and to a letter extent, mentally. Right now I feel every second of my 39 years + change.
7) MacGraw and her Love Story co-star Ryan O'Neal are currently on tour in the play, Love Letters, and they're drawing big crowds of fans who remember them in their famous film. Tell us of another movie couple you felt had romantic chemistry.
I'm an 80s girl, so for me it's a toss-up between Julia Roberts and Richard Gere in Pretty Woman and Jennifer Grey and Patrick Swayze in Dirty Dancing.
8) Red is the signature color of Valentine's Day. Are you wearing red right now?
Nope, I'm wearing this sweatshirt and gray leggings.
9) Because Valentine's Day is such a big day for chocolate ... would you prefer a large, solid milk chocolate heart or a small box of four assorted chocolates?
I don't care, as long as it's good chocolate! ;)
Thanks for stopping by!