Saturday 9: FortyFive Seconds
05 March 2016
Link up here if you're playing along today!
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) The very bad day described in this song began promisingly enough. The lyrics tells us, "Woke up an optimist, sun was shining, I'm positive." How did your day begin?
As soon as I woke up, my tummy was rumbling for some tortilla and queso fresco that my friend Veronica brought over. It's so good!
2) This song refers to Monday morning. What's on your plate for Monday?
Other than the usual homeschooling the kids, I have - so far - five mystery shops scheduled for the time before we need to be at the horse farm for Sophie's riding lesson.
3) The lyrics request, "promise you'll pay my bail." Have you ever had to bail anyone out of jail? (Or have you been bailed out?)
No, never, to either question. And I hope that does not change.
4) Rihanna gets top billing in this all-star trio. She says that when she was a little girl, she used to walk around singing "A Whole New World" from Disney's Aladdin. What's your favorite song from a Disney movie?
"Kiss the Girl" from The Little Mermaid
5) Rihanna dated outfielder Matt Kemp when he was with the LA Dodgers. Opening Day is less than a month away. Are you a baseball fan?
Historically, I'm a Mets fan, but it truly does not matter that much to me anymore.
6) Kanye West also sings on this week's song. When he was a little boy, he spent a year in China with his mother. Have you ever lived overseas (as opposed to just visiting on vacation)?
We lived on Guam, in Tumon Bay first and then Yigo, for a brief period of four months in 2002-03.
7) Mr. West is part owner of the Fatburger chain. Do you like grilled onions on your burger?
I don't eat beef, but Elevation Burger makes some stellar veggie burgers. I love grilled onions!
8) This week's third artist, Paul McCartney, is a vegetarian. Think about your most recent meal. Did it include chicken, pork, or beef? Eggs or dairy?
None of the above. Other than the queso fresco, my last meal was scallops and veggies. Tasty!
9) Paul was born at 2:00 PM on a Thursday. Do you know what day of the week you were born? Do you know the exact time?
I was born on a Wednesday. My birth date is 9/8/76, so it would have been cool if I had been born at 5:43:21... but nope! ;)
Thanks for stopping by!