Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, and Joyous Everything Else!
Link up here if you're playing along this weekend.
Saturday 9: Happy Holidays! (from the archives)
1. As you can see, Sam loved giving her annual wish list to Santa. Yet some children are reluctant to climb into Jolly Old St. Nick's lap. Did you enjoy the tradition or were you shy? Or did you by pass it altogether -- either because you wrote him a letter or because your family didn't celebrate Christmas?
I remember getting on Santa's lap a time or two. I also remember that I never had much to Santa himself, because I was looking forward to getting my treat - usually a candy cane or two - from one of his elves! That was usually the only reason I deigned to wait in line so long. ;)
2. Are you currently on the Naughty or Nice list? How did you get there?
I'm always on both, and I plead the Fifth on both, too! It's not nice to share how one has behaved before Christmas, is it? Let's just say I'll be good today, and as for the rest of the year, one gets up and tries one's best.
3. Did you ship any gifts to friends and family this year? If so, which one traveled the farthest?
I sent e-cards to the nieces this year, and that's about it as far as sending gifts. I sent over 100 Christmas/holiday cards, though, because I love the tradition and don't care whether we get one back. If you didn't receive one but would like one, I still have some to send, so please email me your address. I'd love to send one! The farthest I sent one this year was to Canada. From Miami, that's a bit of a jaunt.
4. Did you buy yourself a gift this year?
I bought myself inexpensive IKEA slippers (pardon my swollen legs & feet, ugh) and my Alex & Ani bracelets, of which I'm a new fan. Hubs usually relies on me to do my own shopping, but he did surprise me this year - just hours ago - with a cushiony new yoga mat!
5. What's your favorite holiday-themed movie?
I love A Miracle on 34th Street the best. I have to admit, though, I have never seen several popular Christmas movies.
6. Thinking of movies, Christmas is lucrative for Hollywood. Have you ever gone to a movie theater on Christmas Day?
It was a tradition for us growing up. In the family I'm raising, though, we don't do that. I bucked all the traditions we had growing up, because that time of my life sucked! My older daughter, Chloë, informed me this year that she doesn't like our traditions and will do things her way when she's an adult. Fine by me!
7. Have you ever suffered an embarrassing moment at the company Christmas party?
I have never been to a company Christmas party, but I did used to be in catering as a very young adult in Sarasota. One time, the boss and I had a rendezvous aboard ship during a cruise-to-nowhere party we were catering, and when we slipped out of the small room we were in... um, we had a few witnesses. Embarrassing!
8. What's your favorite beverage in cold weather?
I really love apple cider. My friend, Domenica, who grew up here in Miami, and Chloë, who also grew up in non-apple orchard areas, informed me that they both hate it! I was shocked, because I just assumed, having grown up in Central New York - where apples take over the place in the Fall - that everyone was a huge fan. Apparently, it's a love-it-or-hate-it kind of beverage. Who knew?
9. Share a memory from last Christmas.
Just a couple cute snaps of my daughters, Sophia and Chloë, and one of my son with Chloë's huge Maine Coon kitty, Pepper
Thanks for stopping by! Joyeux Noël!