So it's 3:30 AM on Sunday the 9th, which is technically not Saturday at all - like, anywhere - but I want to catch up with my cohort of 9ers and SSers. I'm bound and determined to catch up this week, dangitalltohellandback!
So. Here we go with that plan; link up here if you want to play along this weekend:
1) This song is about a woman who doesn't get to see her lover often enough because he's on the night shift. Have you ever worked nights?
No, I never really have, though my husband has done plenty of night work in the Navy. He's retired now, so I get him all the time. This is mostly a good thing. ;)
2) She promises that if he takes the day off, she'll make it feel like a vacation. Have you traveled anywhere fun so far this year? Do you have any leisure trips planned for 2017?
Well, so far we've traveled to Key West from Homestead, Florida, and then we drove from Miami to Boise, Idaho, in four and a half days about a month ago. Right now, I'm just enjoying traveling around our new home and buying these flowers for a decorative basket at Home Depot. Ha!
Later, in June, we'll head to Salt Lake City for a Young Living conference. Yup, I've drunk the essential oil Kool-Aid and find it extremely helpful. So my BFF, Shana from New York, and I are meeting up at the YLEO conference in SLC for a few days of edumacation and bonding after not seeing each other for several years. Whee!
3) The ladies of Fifth Harmony are enthusiastic supporters of the Girl Scouts, rewarding troops who excel in fundraising activities with free concerts. The Scouts' best-known fundraiser is their cookie sale.What's your favorite cookie (Girl Scout or otherwise)?
Samoas are my favorite of the Girl Scout cookies; it'd be a shame if they ever did away with those! However, my real favorite cookie of all time is homemade Nestle Toll House chocolate chip cookies. I make them now and then; nothing beats 'em!
4) Fifth Harmony also participated in Goodwill's Fall Haul campaign. They encouraged high school students donate as many items as possible to Goodwill, and the winning school got a free concert. When did you last take gently-used items to a resale organization?
When we moved, we sold as much as we possibly could to get here, including most of our furniture and random and various appliances. Whatever didn't sell and wouldn't fit in either the pack-out or our vehicle, we took to Goodwill - or friends. I suppose friends don't count, but it hurt less! ;)
5) Do you ever shop second-hand or thrift stores?
Sure. And we've been told that New Again is the thrift store we should check out here in Boise. We have approximately ONE piece of furniture - a recliner that's seen better days - so I'll be looking for some stuff soon on our rather meager budget. Kinda weird to be at this place in our 40s, but it is what it is.
6) Fifth Harmony member Normani Kordei competes on Dancing with the Stars this season. Would you do better on DWTS or The Voice? In other words, are you a better singer or dancer?
I've done both dancing and singing lessons in my kidhood, and I did rather well at both, #TYVM. But I had a rather horrific run-in with my stepmother about my dance lessons, so I don't really love to do it anymore except the silliness I do at home with my family. I'm not ruined for singing, though, so in my wildest dreams I'd love to be a singer. I'd do The Voice.
7) In February 2016, when this song was first released, The Denver Broncos won the Super Bowl and Spotlight won the Best Picture Oscar. Can you recall who won the 2017 Super Bowl and Best Picture Oscar, just two months ago?
The Super Bowl, no, because I don't really care about that. But for the Best Picture Oscar, I remember that La La Land was mistakenly called out when it should have been Moonlight. Oopsie! That's the kind of embarrassing thing that would happen to me. They have my sympathies. (P.S. I haven't seen either movie but would love to see both.)
8) 2016's most popular TV show was Game of Thrones. Are you a fan?
Nope. Totally not my genre!
9) Random Question: What's the subject line of the newest message in your email spam folder?
Some junk from Canadian Express about 26 new items in their inventory. I wish it hadn't been such a boring spam, but that's the way things go!
Thank you, Sam, for this fun meme and anyone else who reads my very late entry!