Sunday Stealing: The Creepy Crawlies One
01 October 2017
Welcome back! Link up here if you're playing along with Sunday Stealing this week.
Here are some questions about bugs and other things you might find interesting. It's another of those memes I stole many years ago without copying down the location of the place where I stole it!
1. You are walking down the road and you look down. There is a bug. Do you step on it?
No way! It's outside, for Pete's sake. Leave it alone! I don't like bugs touching me without my express written consent while indoors, but outside, I'm fair game. (Obviously. I didn't even notice when the tick who gave me Lyme Disease bit...) I'm like a Buddhist monk in that sense. I'd rather just live and let them live. Outside.
2. What is one fantasy that you want to come true more than any other?
The one where Donald Trump is no longer ruining this country. 'Merica.
3. Someone knocks on your door. Do you look out the window to see who it is before you open it? Do you open it regardless of who it is?
I always look. I'm too short for the peephole, though, so I look out the window, through the sheers. I can see who's coming a mile away.
4. Have you ever eaten Play Doh?
Actually, my dad never allowed us to have Play-Doh, lest we make a mess and it get stuck in the carpet. By the time I was allowed near it, I was too old to have any desire to eat any!
5. What was your favorite Saturday morning cartoon as a child and why?
I loved The Smurfs, because ... I don't know. It was just fun. My favorites were Brainy and Smurfette.
6. Are you a “people watcher”?
Yeah, I love to people watch. It's so interesting to me, to see the kinds of things people will wear, do, and say when they're out on a public stage. That reminds me. When we lived in Miami, we were driving home from a night out in Coconut Grove on US1, back to Homestead. I reached up to adjust my nose ring, and the driver next to me clearly thought I was picking my nose. He did not waste a single opportunity for the next several miles to pantomime nose-picking for me. What an idiot.
7. I have a bowl of fruit. There are apples, oranges & pears. You help yourself to one - which one do you choose?
I would eat the banana. I can't really keep much down anymore, in the fruit world.
8. What is your biggest pet peeve in the blogging world?
I hate a completely monetized blog, where you have no idea what the owner/author actually thinks anymore - it's just one giant string of commercials. Sure, I'll run a review or a giveaway now and then, but you generally know what is going inside, here.
9. What is one religion that you could just never see yourself joining?
I would like to plead the fifth here. I don't want to offend anyone. However, I will say this: I was raised as a Christian Scientist, which by the way is completely separate and different from Scientology. However, I left it when I became an adult. Fast-forward to age 40, last year. After a great deal of thought and discussion, I have finally come to the conclusion that it's not a religious sect but rather a cult. I have had people coming out of the woodwork, since that pronouncement, saying, "Oh, thank goodness, I've always thought so!!" It's really just so weird to feel like you've been raised in a cult.
10. What word do you use far too often?
I am a Caucasian-American, and therefore I admit to using the word "awesome" far more than I ought to!
11. How long do you spend in the shower?
As little as possible, although I admit I do spend a minute or two longer in the hot water now that we live somewhere where it's not a year-round sauna.
12. If you were to write a personal ad about yourself, what would it say?
I actually did write a personal ad about myself, after some major arm-twisting by my friend Victor. That's how I met my husband. I listed all my faults and said something like, message me if you're up to it! He was up to it. He does still remind me, nearly 17 years later, that you "did say you were high-maintenance, and you didn't lie!"
13. Your favorite flavor of soup is….?
I rarely eat soup, but when I do, it's almost always guaranteed to be the Broccoli Cheddar from Panera, in a bread bowl. Good stuff.
14. You are sitting on a bench in the park and a bug walks in front of your feet…. do you squash him? (I am assuming this is a different bug from question #1)
Of course not, you silly gooser!
That was fun. I'm watching the Momma's funeral episode of Cake Boss, and this was a much-needed light-hearted diversion. Thanks, Bev!
Have a lovely rest of your weekend. I'll be at the Young Living Lavender Farm in Mona, Utah, all day tomorrow. See yas!