Sunday Stealing: The Monday Morning Meme
26 November 2017
Hello! I neglected Saturday 9 yesterday because I had no computer available. We have finally received all of our belongings from Miami! Hallelujah! Anyway, now I'm back on my old computer (and happily so), so here I am: participating.
Link up here if you'd like to join in the fray!
We stole this from Phoenix the Blogging Mama , who stole it from Karen, who made up the questions herself.
1. How has your life most benefitted from the Internet?
I met my husband on the Internet! We're almost to the 17-year wedding anniversary, so I'd say we're doing all right!
2. How do you deal with negative comments on your blog?
They generally sting, I dwell on them, and then I usually delete them. Whatever. I ain't got time for that!
3. There’s never enough time, is there? What would you do with an extra three hours today?
Unpacking. I would be unpacking. I missed our stuff these past 9 months, but I did not miss the amount of that stuff!
4. The getaway car is waiting outside – where is it taking you?
Back to Miami - to the beach! ;)
5. Who was your "arch enemy" in high school? Do you have any enemies today?
I don't really "do" the whole enemy thing nowadays, and I can't name my "arch enemy" from high school, because I'm now FB friends with her. And I actually quite like her!
6. You’re giving the keynote address to the graduating seniors of a high school today. What’s your advice to them?
SO I'm not really great at giving advice. I would say, fix the effing planet already! This world is yours to inherit, so take care of it. And whatever matters right now, if it's not going to matter in five years, it probably really doesn't matter now, either.
7. Thinking of words of wisdom: What's the worst advice you've ever received?
Hmm. It probably came from inside my own mind, whatever it was. Or from my sperm donor's mouth. He's given me a number of gems on which to, um, reflect, over the past four + decades. "Maybe your body wasn't put together right to have children." "If you lost weight you'd find more friends." On my first time behind the wheel to learn to drive, with him, "Okay, turn it on. Now go," with no other instruction given. And so on and so forth...
8. Tell us about the best summer vacation you EVER had.
That would be the two-week Mediterranean cruise that Hubs and I took aboard Holland America's MS Zuiderdam in 2008. That was an utterly epic vacation, and I loved almost every second of it. You can read all about it here.
9. What do you have to have with you when you travel? Why?
Besides obvious things? I don't know, everything I need seems obvious to me! I have to have Diet Coke available. I have to have my phone and its charger. My crossbody purse is essential, with at least 1 pair of working nail clippers in it and a good lip balm. Good facial skin care goes along, as well as an excellent lotion. Snacks. Comfy shoes, usually Crocs. I don't know what else, but that's for starters! The rest depends on where I'm going, for how long, and with whom.
10. Would you accept $1,000,000 tax free, if it meant you had to leave the country and never come back?
Hm. I don't know. A million dollars is not what it used to be. Maybe not!
11. Do you believe the world will be a better, or worse, place 100 years from now?
For whom? For people? I believe it will be much worse. We may not exist then! But for organisms that can adapt, survive, evolve, reproduce, et. cetera... It may not be so bad. I don't know. It's a scary thought for me.
12. Do you expect to buy a new winter coat this year?
Not unless I can have THAT one!! Not for me, anyway. For Sophia, the kid who actually grows, probably!
13. If you could spend one year in perfect happiness but afterward would remember nothing of the experience, would you do so?
I would totally go all Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind for a year and then, if I have to, forget it all. Yes, I would. But preferably not where I lose any memories of wonderful things about or with my children. Even then, yes I would do it.
Welp, that was fun! Maybe later I'll do yesterday's Saturday 9, because I love it, and because I want to. We'll see. Unpacking boxes calls, though...