Saturday 9: My Church
09 December 2017
Hey, everyone! I hope you're having a jolly December so far. We have been, but in a delightful turn of events, I have another, mostly-unFacebooked rash of illnesses and things going on, AND I'm "good ol' regular sick" on top of that, so I'm feeling like poo today. And we have a Christmas party to go to at a neighbor's church, which I am so not feeling, but I'm going to muster up the effort to get in the shower and get ready for it soon.
ANYway, link up here if you'd like to join in today's Saturday 9!
And away we go...
Saturday 9: My Church (2016)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This song is about a woman who loves singing along with her car radio. Is that something you enjoy?
So this is a video we made - it's utterly ridiculous and awful, and we know it - a year or two ago. I think two. Yeah. Anyway, I believe we sing along to the radio in some of it. Yes, it is one of my true loves, actually!
2) The video begins with Maren Morris finishing her cigarette before getting behind the wheel. Do you allow smoking in your car?
Ha. Yeah, right. If it were up to me, there would be no smoking allowed in the world. Period!
3) In this song, Maren admits she's lied. What's the last fib you told?
I just lied about an hour ago, to a mystery shopping scheduler. I lied about the recent I didn't get a shop's report in on time. Heh.
4) She mentions having her radio on the FM dial. Are you loyal to a single radio station? Or do you spin the dial?
In the car, I change the station all the time. I can't stand listening to people jabbering on radio. In the house, I generally keep it streaming on one station on my computer all the time, wishing I could change stations when the jabbering starts!
5) Maren was inspired to write this song while on a long car trip from Nashville to Los Angeles. When do you get your best ideas?
I've always maintained I do my best thinking in the shower. It's true!
6) She performed this song on Saturday Night Live last year. The host that week was John Cena. Do you follow professional wrestling?
That ^^^ is in response to all the WWF memes I tried to explore before settling on this fact that I didn't understand a single one of them! Because no, I don't follow it.
7) In 2016, when this song was popular, Alex Rodriguez played his final Major League Baseball game. He has embarked on a second career as a broadcaster. Would you be comfortable on camera?
No, not me! But my 16-year-old daughter, Chloë, has been acting since she was five years old. She's as shy as I am in real life - maybe more so - but when the camera turns on her? She's a natural. (This is from a short film she was featured in in 2009, called Boom.)
8) A 2016 study revealed that 43% of Americans own mutual funds, many in their 401(k)s and IRAs. Are you involved in the stock market?
Nope. I've often thought about educating myself on such matters - financial matters are not my intellectual forte - but then I see things go so badly for so many people very quickly and think, "nahhh."
9) Random question: You have something awkward and embarrassing that you simply must tell a pal. You know your friend will not be happy with the news. Would you prefer to deliver it by email, in a phone call, or face to face?
Email or text. Or Facebook messenger, whatever. I get anxious with face-to-face and phone conversations. C'est la vie!
Welp, time to go get ready for that party. I'm feeling a little bah-humbuggy about it, but only 'cause I'm sick...