Welcome back, folks! Link up here if you want to play along today! I'm in the mood to just jump in, so let's go!
Here are some conversation starters, stolen from Conversation Starters
1. What are some small things that make your day better?
For the past 17 years of our marriage, Hubs rubs washes my feet and puts lotion (and sometimes socks, if I'm going to get up again) on my feet. It's so sweet and loving and romantic, and he does it whenever I ask without complaining. It's not quite a daily thing, but it's frequent enough. And of course I love him madly for doing it.
2. What shows are you into?
Big Bang Theory is a favorite...
...as is, of course, Jeopardy! (Yeah, I'm a total nerdy-nerd)...
... and we are starting to get into This Is Us. We've only watched S1E1 so far, but I think we'll watch more tonight.
3. What TV channel doesn’t exist but really should?
We're pretty goofy. And funny (IMNSHO). I think we should have our own channel. All Team Odette, all the time. Wait, on second thought... maybe not. ;)
4. Who has impressed you most with what they’ve accomplished?
Kids, especially ones who grow up poor with single mothers or some shit like that, who go on to do great things impress me. The examples, though kind of rare, come out frequently enough to make me believe that humanity is not inherently bad. I love these stories and will actually sit up and listen, take notice, when one comes across my frequency. Go Brainiacs!
5. What age do you wish you could permanently be?
I think 35. I was at a pretty good place, both physically and mentally (ish), at 35. But I really don't want to be permanently stuck at any age. Stuck is stuck, and it's never good.
6. What TV show or movie do you refuse to watch?
Sorry, Game of Thrones, I'm just not that into you. (I'm not a bandwagoneer, either.)
7. What is something that is considered a luxury, but you don’t think you could live without?
I go berserkasoid when the Internet goes down. Ask my husband. I cannot DEAL!
8. What’s your claim to fame?
I was the youngest person ever to win the Nobel Peace Prize. Oh wait, that was a teen-aged fantasy I used to harbor. I guess nothing, then.
9. What’s something you like to do the old-fashioned way?
Dude, I wish I could still angrily slam the phone down on people...! Hmm, let's see. When the floor needs to be washed, I still like to get down on my hands and knees and scrub that sucker. Of course, now that I have my minions kids, I don't clean the floors, like, ever.
10. What’s your favorite genre of book or movie?
That would be comedy. I love to laugh. There is so much BS in this world, I just need to laaaaugh and laaaaaugh to escape it, sometimes. BTW, for this reason, I completely recommend the Pitch Perfect movies. My girls and I went to see Pitch Perfect 3 the other day, and I laughed my ass off the entire time. So hilarious.
11. How often do you people watch?
Oh, I'm all about it, Dude. Every time I'm in public, I'm doing that.
12. What have you only recently formed an opinion about?
Well, it's still forming, but since people are now clamoring "Oprah Winfrey for President 2020!" I'm having thoughts about that.
13. What are you interested in that most people haven’t heard of?
I've never done it, mostly because it scares the shit out of me to think about intentionally cutting through my hard, beautiful hand-knit work, but I'm intensely fascinated by the idea of steeking a sweater. It's on my Knitting Bucket List.
14. What’s the farthest you’ve ever been from home?
I mean, Guam was pretty far from the mainland United States, but it was our home for those four months. So does that really count?
15. What is the most heartwarming thing you’ve ever seen?
A dad cuddling his baby melts me every time. Every single damn time.
16. What is the most annoying question that people ask you?
"Can I speak to your mom, please?" when I answer my phone. I have a bit of a high-pitched, squeaky voice, so lots of times people think I'm a little kid.
17. What could you give a 40-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation?
Forty minutes is all I have to talk about all things Marine Life?!!! ::gasp::
18. If you were dictator of a small island nation, what crazy dictator stuff would you do?
I'd make practicing Random Acts of Kindness and Senseless Acts of Beauty a law. Recycling would be mandatory. No smoking tobacco would be allowed, whatsoever. All the food would be organic and healthful. And Trump would not be allowed in. Or on. Whatever.
19. What is something you think everyone should do at least once in their lives?
Go SCUBA diving! Somewhere tropical, of course. It's the most amazing thing ever. I have always wanted to dive in the Marianas, and I just missed that chance because I was pregnant with twins when we were out there. It's the most amazing diving on the planet, though, so I insisted newishly-certified Rob go take that dive. And behold, it was good.
Why are there only 19 questions? It's a prime number. Not a nice, whole, round, symmetrical number. That agitates me.
Oh well, I'm over it. ;) Have a great weekend, y'all!