Welcome back, strangers! Link up here if you wish to thieve along with the rest of us today.
- Have you ever tried to learn (or re-learn) a foreign language as an adult? Which one? What worked for you?
- I tried to pick up French and Italian, but without formal training it was too difficult and I gave up. I would still love to learn, however!
2. Do you donate blood? Do you know your blood type?
- I'm O-negative, and yes, I've donated blood many times. I don't think I'm supposed to do it anymore, though, so I haven't in a while.
3. Have you ever been in a play or musical?
- In fifth grade, I played the Caterpillar in our school's production of Alice in Wonderland. I stole the show, too! After that, I didn't have the guts to audition anymore.
4. Do you use certain text or ring tones for specific people? Who gets their own? Or do you just use the default on your phone?
- I recently had to factory-reset my phone, which hurt like hell! I lost almost everything. I haven't set up everyone with their own ringtones and text tones yet, but Hubs has his own so far. Everyone else is on default.
5. When did you get your first digital camera? Do you still shoot on actual film, or all digital now?
- I have a Nikon DSLR, which everyone in the family knows is My Baby! For our 17th anniversary earlier this month, "Hubs" (okay I got it myself) bought me the new zoom lens I've been eyeballing. [I had a different Nikon with tons of lenses and things before, but the camera and most of the lenses were stolen out of my house.] Only, when I finally got the new zoom, it wasn't compatible with my camera! I was soooo disappointed. We returned it; guess we'll start over next month.
6. What do you think someone else would say the most daring thing you’ve done is?
- I think that honor would go to eloping with Hubs exactly two months after we met online. Seventeen years later, I think it was the right decision. ;)
7. Do you talk with your hands?
- You'd think I was Italian, yeah...
8. Do you have a lucky number? What is it, and what is the story behind it?
- Ever since I was a very little kid, my favorite number has been 64. I have no idea why. I like to think it was the future math nerd in me that knew it was the perfect square of 8, the perfect cube of 4, four itself being the perfect square of 2, and 64 being four times the perfect square of 4: 16! (That made me sound incredibly lame, didn't it?)
9. What kind of milk did you drink, growing up? And now?
- I drank regular cow's milk, but I don't remember what fattiness percentage or anything like that. Nowadays, I'm extremely lactose intolerant, so I have to stay far, far away from la leche de vaca. I like Ripple, a milk made from pea protein. It's pretty good!
10. What is your favorite kind of pie?
- Apple pie! But truthfully, it's not regular apple pie. My favorite is Dutch apple cream pie, made with sour cream. Mm-mmm, so good!
11. Are you a note taker?
Oh yeah, I take a ton of notes. You know that Post-It Note® scene in A Beautiful Mind with Russell Crowe? That could so be me.
- 12. Do you have an eclectic mug collection, or is your stuff all matchy-matchy?
- Mostly, our mugs are different hues of Fiestaware, but there is a mug for each of the kids that I made on Shutterfly for Christmas. (Hubs got an engraved silver flask instead, heh.)
13. Do you have a junk drawer in your house/garage/at work/wherever?
- Yup. It's in the kitchen, next to the refrigerator. Doesn't everyone?
14. What is the longest amount of time you’ve worked at one job – and what was/is it?
- I've been "Mom" forever and a day.
15. How old were you when you took your first commercial flight? To where did you fly?
Oh, I've been flying pretty much my whole life. I'm not sure where that first flight was to/from. I do remember my first solo flight, from Newark, New Jersey (visiting my grandparents) to Syracuse, New York (home). I've always loved flying!
Thanks for stopping by! I hope everyone has a great week. :D