Welcome back! I'm going to make this intro short & sweet because I'm in a lot of pain right now, but I'm glad you're here. Link up here if you're playing along today!
SATURDAY 9: BACK IN THE USA (1978)
Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.
1) This song lists seven cities -- New York, Los Angeles, Detroit, Chicago, Chattanooga, Baton Rouge and St. Louis -- that Linda just loves. How many have you visited?
I've been to NYC, Los Angeles, Chattanooga, Baton Rouge, and St. Louis. I still have Detroit & Chicago on my list - especially the latter.
2) The lyrics refer to hamburgers sizzling on the grill. What toppings do you believe make a perfect burger?
Well, I really don't know anymore, because I haven't a hamburger since 1995 at the latest. Unless we're talking about veggie burgers; I still haven't figured out the perfect toppings for that (which is why I rarely eat them). However, if you're looking for an excellent burger - veggie or otherwise - you can find one at your closest Elevation Burger. I guarantee it.
3) The original recording of this song by Chuck Berry has always been one of Linda Ronstadt's favorites, one she used to enjoy singing along with in the car. What's the most recent song you sang?
I sang a little of "Dream a Little Dream of Me" along with an episode of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation on ION network.
4) Linda sang The National Anthem at Game 3 of the 1977 World Series. The New York Yankees won both that game and the series. How is your baseball team doing this season?
I'm not paying a lick of attention this year.
Since this is our last Saturday 9 before Independence Day, let's ask some questions about the holiday.
5) During the Revolutionary War, General Washington celebrated the 4th of July by giving his troops a double ration of rum. Will you imbibe any spirits on Independence Day?
I doubt it. With all of the meds I'm on, adding alcohol to the mix is far too risky to be worth it. Crack open a cold one for me, y'all. ;)
6) The first man to sign the Declaration of Independence, John Hancock, said he wrote his name so large King George could see it, even without his glasses. Do you require glasses for reading?
I do, but I prefer contacts over glasses. I would really love to have LASIK surgery!
7) Since July 4 is a federal holiday, banks are closed and there's no mail delivery. Thanks to email and ATMs, Sam finds going without those services isn't a hardship. What about you? Will you find it inconvenient that banks and the USPS are closed on July 4?
Nah. Everyone deserves a break. I'm just hoping my son doesn't have to work that day, because Independence Day is my favorite holiday, and I want to go out of town.
8) The first 4th of July parade each year is held at 12:01 AM in Gatlinberg, TN. Will you attend a parade or fireworks to celebrate the 4th?
Definitely fireworks, but probably not a parade. I'm rarely awake and out the door in time to see one!
9) More and more Americans celebrate our nation's holiday by eating foods from Italy and Germany. For the July 4, 2016 holiday, more than $50 million was spent on Italian sausage and bratwurst. What's on your 4th of July menu?
I haven't sorted that out just yet. That decision will have to keep until I know whether Jack's scheduled at McDonald's that day or we get to go spend the day at the lake in McCall, Idaho!
Well, that was fun. I actually feel better! Maybe it's the meds I just took, maybe it's listening to the music I played while writing this, but I'd like to think y'all had a hand in that. Thanks!
Have a great Saturday, folks.