Sunday Stealing: Bloggone Meme
10 June 2018
Welcome back, folks! Time for some thievery. Link up here if you wish to play along today!
- What brand & flavor of toothpaste do you use?
- I'm losing ground on keeping the enamel on my teeth due to extremely severe acid reflux, so whatever brand I buy is going to be enamel-building and -strengthening. I do what little I can to fix the problem.
2. What is your earliest memory?
I remember when I was three years old, running happily and excitedly from the living room down the hall to my bedroom. My hair was a mess, my arms were raised up in the air, and I was shrieking gleefully. I see this memory as if from someone else's viewpoint, not within myself. It was a moment of pure joy, and I have no idea why.
- 3. Hot Dogs or Hamburgers?
Well, vegan burgers. I haven't tried vegan hot dogs yet, because the concept just sounds too weird to me. I'm squeamish. But a good veggie burger, mm mmm mmmm... Especially the ones from Elevation Burger. They rock; they're actually crave-worthy, which is pretty crazy for a vegan food.
- 4. If you could bring any one famous person back to life, who would it be?
Whitney Houston - but the good, healthy Whitney from the 80s era, before she got mixed up with Bobby Brown and all the drugs. I loved her. Definitely a sad story I wish could be undone.
- 5. What is one thing we would always find in your fridge... what one thing would we never find?
- You'll pretty much always find a gallon or three of milk in my fridge. My teenagers go through about a gallon a day. I credit that much milk imbibement with helping my daughter Sophia's broken wrist heal better and stronger than the wrist was before the break! But you'll never find a jar of gefilte fish. <<Shudder>> There are a lot of Jewish foods I love (helLO, challah!), but that is most definitely not one I'm willing to try!
6. Did you have to go and look for the answer of #1?
- If buy that you mean "sent my teenage daughter in to look for me," then yes! This is what she found. It's barely been used yet, so I forgot what it was.
7. Why don't watermelons grow on trees?
- Because they don't! WTF kind of question is that? Although, this greenhouse idea is pretty cool.
8. What is something that you own that you should probably just throw in the trash, but you never will?
Between representing JAFRA for 20 years before deciding to end our relationship earlier this year, and now Young Living for the past three years, I have a shit-ton of very high quality skin care and cosmetics. Knowing how much they cost - whether you count my discount or otherwise - makes it difficult for me to part with any of this abundance. I mean, I could use a different moisturizer every day for at least two weeks, so things are a little bit in the 'superfluous' range now. I'm using things up, albeit slowly.
- 9. I push you into a room and lock the door. I leave you there for 6 hours. The walls are chalkboards and in the middle of the room there is a box of colored chalk. What will be written/drawn on the walls when I let you out?
- If I'm the only person alone in the room, probably nothing - I would not do well in that situation and would probably cry until I hyperventilate and pass out. If 13-year-old artiste daughter Sophia was locked in with me, the whole set of chalkboard walls would be taken up with some very interesting and entertaining drawings, no doubt!
10. When was the last time you changed the oil on your car?
- January, maybe? February? I'd have to check the sticker, but I know we're overdue. Time to pick up another mystery shop for that!
11. In your extended family, who has been married the longest?
- So, I don't have a huge extended family on my side, and I don't know if Hubs' side counts as MY extended family. Does it? I was going to say my husband and me at 17½ years, but I completely forgot about my sister and her husband's marriage of, oh... 20 years maybe? I'm embarrassed not to know exactly, but I do know they have another wedding anniversary coming up.
12. Name one thing that is so normal to you now that someone who was your age 50 years ago would think was abnormal.
- Being able to surf the internet 24/7/365! Having a computer and cell phones in every household/hand. My 75yo father hates the internet. And it hates him.
13. Have you ever wanted someone or something so bad that it hurt?
- Well, plenty of times over, yes. The thing that stands out is when, in that brief two-month period between meeting my husband and eloping with him, we were dating and living 9 hours apart. This one time, I drove up to go see him, and when it was time for me to leave and go back from Panama City Beach, FL, to St. Petersburg, my car kept wanting to turn back around to Rob in his barracks. It took everything within me to force me to drive back home. So hard; I loved him so much already. Well, of course I did; he'd given me an engagement ring and proposed! I stared at that ring on my finger the whole drive home. ♥
14. What do you dip your french fries in?
Rarely anything, but if I do, only ketchup.
- 15. What was the last picture that you took?
Well, technically it was this photo of my latest Young Living essential oils order, but I think this one from the drive back to Boise from Coeur d'Alene on Friday morning is much more interesting for y'all:
That was such a beautiful site!
Thank you for stopping by, you guys! I promise not to make myself scarce like I did in May, health-willing! Have a great week!