Hi, y'all! Welcome back. I nearly forgot to Steal, with June being such a hectic month for us. But here I am, ready to go. So, let's!
2. When you want quiet, where do you go?
I go to sleep. I fall asleep at the drop of a hat nowadays away, but when there is too much nonsense and commotion, I just let it happen.
3. Do you need/prefer total darkness when you sleep?
Nah. I could sleep in broad daylight with no problems. I just have to be tired.
4. What is your least favorite taste?
I would have to say mustard to that, because the idea of eating it thoroughly grosses me out.
5. How heavily do you rely upon your sense of touch?
Pretty heavily. I haven't been able to smell anything, or hear out of my left ear, since we moved to Idaho last March. As a result, my sense of taste is AFU. And my vision has been bad forevever. That leaves me with, and this is with having a lot of sensory issues, figuring many things out by touch.
6. Do you mostly prepare your meals at home or do you eat out more?
Well, normally we cook most meals at home, but since Hubs and I have had four pretty major surgeries between us since April 16th, there has been a lot more take-out going on lately. Hopefully that will slow down now that it appears we're finally on the mend.
7. Is there a time of day when you are more likely to buy food already prepared?
If I'm out at the store between, say, 5 or 6 PM and midnight, I'll probably pick up something pre-made for dinner, instead of making everyone wait forever at home for food. And it often involves sushi for at least Hubs and me.
8. What is your average weekly grocery bill (for how many people)? What is your total restaurant/fast food bill for an average week?
We only get paid once a month, so I have to buy all the month's groceries at once. This month, I haven't bought a lot, thankfully, since the deep freezer is full of food. I did go a little wild at the local farm stand yesterday, though!
9. What is your favorite meal to prepare at home?
I make this rustic pizza dough, from a Martha Stewart recipe that rocks, and top it with local, fresh, often organic ingredients. It's beautiful and so tasty.
10. What is your favorite meal to order in a restaurant?
Hubs likes everything in the world, but he doesn't like scallops. I adore them. If we go to a restaurant that serves them, it's a safe bet I'm going to order them.
11. Do you believe in fate?
Maybe? Yes? No? I really don't know. I have debated that in my mind quite a lot over the years.
12. If Karma was to visit you now, would it be kind or kick you in the butt?
I hope that it would be kind. I have been through a lot of stuff in my life, and it's important to me to leave things better than when I arrived. I teach my kids to be "nice, kind, sweet, and loving."
13. Do you believe you have lived another life previous to this one?
I'm not sure. I don't think so, really, but I do always claim I was a mermaid in my previous life.
14. What do you believe in with an unshakable resolve?
I believe that, above all else, to whatever (the Earth or other animals or whatever) and whomever, one should always try to be GOOD.
15. What one factor influences your life the most?
I think probably losing my mother suddenly and unexpectedly at the age of seven was the single most important event in my life, that shaped the rest of me.
Well, now I'm going to go make some of that rustic pizza. Ciao!