Saturday 9: Along Comes A Friend
04 August 2018
Hey, guys! You came back! I'm always excited when I (remember to) do a Saturday 9 or Sunday Stealing post on time, because it usually means I get to visit with my friends in the blogosphere. So I'm thrilled you're here.
Link up here if you wish to play along this week!
And let's begin:
Saturday 9: Along Comes a Friend (Theme from Kate and Allie) (1984)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This week's song is the theme from Kate and Allie, a sitcom that ran from 1984 to 1989. Were you a fan?
Oh, yes. I loved that show!
2) The show was about two divorced women who live and raise their children together. Were you ever a single parent? Were you raised by a single parent?
No, I've never been a single mom. Thank goodness, because even though I know I would find the strength, I don't have it innately. I was not raised by a single parent, either. I give single moms and dads a LOT of credit, because I know how soul-exhausting that must be.
3) Allie is proud that she can make a perfect cup of coffee: "Just the essence of the bean. No acidity." Kate is proud that she can belch the alphabet. What are you proud of?
I am proud of my ability to turn sticks and string into works of art!
4) Kate and Allie share half of a duplex in Greenwich Village. Many episodes had them doing laundry in the basement. Where are your washer and dryer?
We have a laundry room about smack-dab in the middle of our ranch-style house. Nothing special.
5) Kate was played by Susan St. James. She was familiar to viewers as the "wife" in McMillan and Wife. Without looking it up, do you know who played McMillan?
Actually, I'd never even heard of that show! :O
6) Allie was played by Jane Curtin. She was one of three women in the original Saturday Night Live cast. Without looking it up, can you name the other two?
Hm. Gilda Radner and... no. I don't know the third.
7) On the set, Jane Curtin ran a poker game for the cast and crew. Do you think winning at poker takes more luck or skill?
I'm not sure which it takes more of, but I've played poker and know that it definitely takes some skill. But luck definitely plays its part.
8) The Kate & Allie theme was cowritten and sung by John Lefler. Years later, Mr. Lefler wrote the theme for the Pokemon show. Is anyone in your life into Pokemon?
9) Random question: What's the last thing you whispered?
Oh, I don't know; I'm not a big fan of whispering. I usually only do it in jest.
I fell asleep halfway through writing this, because I was just exhausted! Fortunately, I'm still technically "early" for our time zone. ;) Have a lovely weekend, everyone!