Hey, pals! Welcome back. Link up here if you want to play along this week! I just love that "Crazy Sam" is doing all these TV show theme songs lately; what a fun idea!
Here we go with Monk:
Saturday 9: It's a Jungle Out There (Theme from Monk) (2003)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This week's song is the theme from the detective show that ran from 2002-2009. Were you a fan?
Yes! I thought it was a great show. Wish it was still on! Loved Tony Shaloub in this role.
2) The song warns us about the air we breathe and the water we drink. Does your home have an air or water filter?
We have three air filters due to asthma and other breathing issues, but I wish we had a water filter! We bought one for, um, the new owners I guess, in our Virginia Beach home.
3) The lyrics say, "People say I'm crazy to worry all the time." Are you a worrier? Or do you just take things as they come?
Oh, I'm definitely a Class A Worrier.
4) TV's Adrian Monk is known for his outstanding deductive powers, an homage to Sherlock Holmes. Have you read any of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's books featuring Sherlock Holmes?
I have not.
5) Monk was also known for fastidiousness and precision, an homage to Hercule Poirot. Have you read any of Agatha Christie's books featuring Poirot?
I have not. But I do have Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None on the table behind me to read next.
6) This song was written and performed by Grammy and Emmy winner Randy Newman. Do you have any trophies or plaques?
Not personally. But I do have five of my 13yo daughter's showjumping ribbons on the wall behind my desk. Those are "mine," right? ;)
7) Before winning an Oscar in 2001, Mr. Newman had the distinction of having the most nominations (15) without a win. Do you consider yourself a graceful loser?
I don't know. I never lose. Oh wait, that's not true. I just don't try. Just kidding. I don't know, really.
8) In 2003, when this song was introduced, Lance Armstrong won his fifth Tour de France. Later, he was disgraced in a doping scandal. Can you think of a time when a hero disappointed you?
Ohhh, Whitney Houstong... #NuffSaid
9) Random question -- We're catering lunch. Should we put you down for a burger or a taco?
Can I get a bean burrito, with sour cream? Maybe two. Thanks!
Thanks for stopping by!