Sunday Stealing: Fill In The Blanks
26 April 2020
Howdy, y'all. Welcome back.
Make sure you link up here if you're playing along with the rest of us this weekend!
This week, Bev's got us doing some fill-ins, so prepare yourself. I have played a lot of Mad Libs as a kid. (Wait, what? It's not supposed to be as ridiculous as possible? Well then, you've probably come to the wrong blahg.)
Let 'er rip.
Stolen from Friday Fill-ins
1) Right now I'm listening to iHeartRadio, and I gave a rare thumbs-down to the last track. Not a fan.
2) Apologizing for everything, constantly is my well known quirk. I'm working on it!
3) "Are you serious?" (I didn't know what to do with this one, exactly, so I chose to make it be something I say ALL. THE. TIME.)
4) Brush your teeth first, then come say good-night to me! (I swear, I will be telling my kids this until I'm in the grave!)
5) Okay, kids, listen to Aunt Melanie on this one! I had emergency c-sections with ALL my kids; they were all high-risk pregnancies. After the last kiddo (the afore-mentioned Sophia), I was raring to go to lose a bunch of weight. You're supposed to weight SIX FULL WEEKS to exercise or get frisky. I felt like pfft, been there, done that, and I feel fine. So I started doing yoga and pilates after about ten days. I felt great! (Not so with that first slice-and-dice operation, omg.) Well. After about four days - so two weeks post-partum - I stopped in the middle to use the bathroom. When I pulled my pants down, my guts came with it. I had split my incision right the F open! That's why you wait the six weeks. Ahh, so.
6) The Dukes of Hazzard is (was) one of my favorite tv shows ever! Picture my 5-year-old self having a crush on Bo!
7) (BET meme used because um, it is Sunday.) And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to (pass, it's already Sunday), tomorrow my plans include (pass, it's already Sunday), and Sunday, I want to organize everyone's comings and goings in my planner for the coming week & make sure I'm set for payday Friday!
8) If I could go anywhere on a road trip, I'd go to Yellowstone National Park. Some of it's in Idaho, but I'd want to venture into Montana to get to see Old Faithful. Google Maps tells me it's only 6 hours' drive from here.
9) Spatial relations is something I don't understand. (Well, that's not entirely accurate; I understand it. I just really struggle with applying it!)
10) Thanksgiving makes me think of pie. Specifically, apple pie.
11) Lying in a hammock on the beach in the Caribbean is the best way to relax! (I first did this on Blue Lagoon Island at age 14, and I knew I had found my bliss. I've since done it with Rob & the kids on various beaches in Miami, and with Rob in Mexico. Obviously not enough!)
12) It looks like Autumn in Australia. Wait, right?
13) Pea falafel is one of my favorite healthy snacks. (OMG, I seriously love it!)
14) The smell of tobacco - NOT cigarette smoking, but like a pouch of tobacco - makes me think of my grandfather. Grandma smoked More cigs, but Grandpa smoked a pipe. And he had many pipes, including some Turkey Meerschaum ones like this one. One day, he went to the dentist, who told him he was "working on the big C," in Grandpa's words. He quit smoking his pipe that day and threw away all those pipes. I think that was even before his major heart attack requiring a sextuple bypass, so I must have been 11 or 12, but whenever I catch a whiff of that sweet tobacco, I think of him immediately.
15) (Actually, that's really genius, Bill Gates!) When I am feeling lazy I edit photos or read email. If I'm lazy and tired, I nap.
16) When I look to the left, I see far too many Erin Condren accessories that are meant to get me organized; clearly I haven't really started yet!
17) The girls' bedrooms & all the downstairs rooms are the ones that have the best view in my home.
18) Our wedding (both the elopement and, later, this little one on the beach with family) was done dirt cheap!
19) Voting is a responsibility that all qualified citizens must share. (For the love of GOD, please vote!)
20) If you have any Tylenol, feel free to share it with me. These headaches are endless.
Whee, look at me! I got 'er done on the right day. Y'all should be so proud of me.
Have a great week, everybody!