1) This song encourages little ones to celebrate Easter by doing a little dance. Do you feel like dancing this morning?
I wish I could, but I really can't. At least not without spinning around holding onto my walker, which for someone my age, is kinda pitiful.
2) Everyone in this video is wearing bunny ears. Target, Amazon and other retailers sell bunny ear headbands sized for adults and priced at about $5. Will you be wearing bunny ears, or perhaps a more conventional chapeau, this weekend? Or, because of the coronavirus, will your Easter attire be the same as any other day?
I really don't know yet. I haven't thought much about what I'll wear. We're not doing Easter baskets or anything like that for the first time ever, which I hate. Not sure if I'll get dressed up more... maybe?
3) This week's featured artists, The Bounce Patrol Kids, are a children's entertainment juggernaut: CDs, DVDs, downloads, and t-shirts. Additionally, they often update their YouTube channel because they want children the world over to have access to their upbeat, energetic songs for free. Besides the Bounce Patrol, what's the last YouTube video you watched?
Actually, I watched - and sang along to - the theme song from The Jeffersons because of a conversation Rob and I were having with the kids. They didn't know anything about it! Horrors!!
4) According to Forbes magazine, the average American household spends $20.66 on candy each Easter. Will you be consuming candy this weekend?
I probably won't be eating Easter candy. I haven't bought any, and I don't plan to.
5) The biggest chocolate Easter egg was made in Italy, measured 34 feet tall and weighed a staggering 15,000 lbs. Do you thinks it's possible to have too much chocolate?
This is not the Italian one; this is the Pysanka egg in Vegreville, Alberta, Canada. (not my foto). I could eat a LOT of chocolate, but if I did, I'd live to regret it very shortly after. So I'll sadly have to make a checkmark in the "yes" column on this one.
6) After chocolate, the top-selling Easter candy is Peeps Marshmallow Chicks. They're so popular that, in 2018, they were the subject of a Jeopardy clue. Do you often watch Jeopardy?
We try to catch it when we can. It's been a lot less than usual lately.
7) Jelly beans are also popular this time of year. In a 2019 poll, jelly bean fans responded that Jelly Belly Buttered Popcorn is their favorite flavor. Sam is crazy about cherry. Do you have a favorite?
No, I do not. I hate all jelly beans equally. Never did like them. Blech!
8) We've been talking a lot about sweets this morning. The only holiday that generates more candy sales is Halloween. When do you eat more candy: Easter or Halloween?
Probably Halloween, since it lands on a payday when we can afford more candy! Heh.
9) Easter is considered the season of rebirth. What makes you feel refreshed or rejuvenated?
These days, a good, long sleep and a decent bath are all it takes - and even that is rare for me!
However you celebrate this weekend, whatever you do, I hope that you will all be safe and healthy throughout this pandemic. Is everyone okay out there??