Hey, y'all. Belated happy new year to you all! What a way to begin, eh?
I hope you've all been well in every way. ♥ I have missed you guys and have thought of you often. Hopefully I'll be able to begin making this a regular habit again!
Link up here if you're playing along today folks!
1) Which is more romantic: an expensive, glittering bouquet OR flowers that were hand picked as they grew beside the parkway?
The wild and spontaneous nature of the roadside flower-gathering wins this one for me.
2) Do you know yourself well enough to understand why you feel the way you do?
I've always been pretty ridiculously self-analytical, so I usually know what's eating me.
3) Which do you do more often: let movies, songs and books put your feelings into words for you or put your feelings into words by yourself?
Pretty much both. A health combination of each.
4) Do you believe celebrities when they are endorsing a product?
No... I only believe they were paid well enough to do it.
5) What kind of movies do you wish were made more often?
I don't know, I guess I miss the days of rom-coms when Meg Ryan still looked like Meg Ryan. And just comedies in general. I miss going to the theater and laughing so much I wish I'd worn a diaper.
6) Does fashion matter to you?
Fashion only matters to me to the extent that I'm aware I'm not really achieving much! I wasn't blessed with the body to show off beautiful clothing. That being said, I do love the boho/hippie style.
7) Should politicians be held to the same legal standards as everyone else?
8) If you became president, whom would you invite to sing at your inauguration?
I'd love to have Khalid and Billie Eilish perform for me. So much talent there. And if repeats are allowed, please send me Amanda Gorman. She's brilliant in every way! I was captivated by her performance at last Wednesday's Inauguration.
9) Do you try to write/say what you are feeling in a true and simple way?
I write what is truest and simplest for me, yes, but I swear I don't know how to be succinct!
10) What is your worst daily habit?
I still consume too much caffeine - probably more in an average year than several small island nations. Or something.
11) If you had your choice which one TV show would you have canceled?
Oh, I don't know. I'd say Real Housewives of Anywhere, but I have never watched any of those to know.
12) Do you like the taste of sweet or salt?
Both. Also cilantro.
13) Are you very precise about what words you use to describe your feelings and thoughts?
I feel like I sorta kinda answered that with Question #9, so here is a Bernie meme.
14) What do you feel the most guilty about?
Currently, I feel awful that we're still living in a hotel after more than five months in Maryland! I could go on and on about how sh*tty I feel about it and why.
15) Do you meditate?
I've tried on and off over the years. I'm very impatient, though, and give up early. I know it would be good for me.
I started this post on Sunday morning, and now here it is Monday evening! Oops. That's part of the reason I haven't posted a lot with y'all lately. I keep wanting to, but then I know my posts would end up being two days late. And I hate being late.
So, we'll see if this catches on with me. In the meantime, sayonara!