Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) In this song, Selena Gomez sings about how eager she is to look good for her lover. What color do you look best in?
Well, before, it was definitely true that red was my color, but now that I have blue hair, I'm still figuring that one out!
2) She compares herself to a diamond, which is the birthstone of people born in April. Do you know your birthstone? Is it a gem you often wear?
Yes, and yes. My older daaughter and I are both sapphires, and we both love to wear them. (She was born the day before my birthday.) My younger daughter is a diamond. Either way, if I die tomorrow, they both stand to inherit! ;)
3) Selena Gomez is a successful singer who has appeared on the Billboard charts more than 30 times. She also has her own cooking show on HBO Max. In each episode, Selena invites a chef to help her master a new recipe. She says that, off camera, the dish she enjoys making most is spicy miso ramen soup. What's your favorite soup?
I have a hard time not getting addicted to Panera's cheddar broccoli soup!
4) She was recently nominated for a Golden Globe for her performance in the Hulu miniseries Only Murders in the Building. Have you streamed anything interesting lately that you would like to recommend to Sat 9ers?
I mostly stream things I call "background music" or "busy work" to keep me from being in deafening noise while I work on the volunteer work I'm doing. Otherwise, I'd probably have a ton of recommendations for you! But I will say this one - New Girl, now on Netflix - is smart, funny, and both the hubs and me are enjoying it - is worth watching!
5) Selena Gomez provides the voice for Mavis Dracula, daughter of the Count, in the animated Hotel Transylvania movie and its sequels. In these family movies, Dracula and his family run a luxury hotel where monsters can vacation and get away from it all. The tone is similar to The Munsters and The Addams Family, TV shows from nearly 60 years ago. Caspar the Friendly Ghost has been entertaining children for generations. When you were a child, were you fascinated by ghosts, goblins, monsters and other such creatures?
No, not really. I watched those shows on syndication, and I read comics with Caspar, but I didn't go out of my way for them or, certainly, anything scarier than that!
6) Selena's busy schedule is especially impressive when you realize that she lives with lupus, a chronic condition that can affect the skin, joints and kidneys. She credits "diet, routine and medication" for helping her avoid flare-ups. Do you have any tips that might help us increase our productivity and efficiency?
I might have to call Ms. Gomez and ask her for some tips! I was just tested for lupus for, like, the fourth time - even though we know that there is other (additional?) stuff going on. The results probably won't surprise me either way. Other than that: organization, organization, organization!
7) In 2015, when this week's song was popular, Leonard Nimoy died. Without looking it up, do you know why he was famous?
Well, yeah. I'm sure he had other projects, but he was massively famous for StarTrek. I don't know what role, though. Spock??
8) Also in 2015, NASA announced that water had been found on Mars. Do you follow news about science and space?
Has it been that long already?! I do, I try to, definitely. Might be important for species to know someday...
9) Random question: What was the best year of your life?
That would be 2001, the first year of our marriage, when everything was nonstop giddiness, unhibited love and finally waiting for, then having, our first baby, Chloë.
Thanks for stopping by!