Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) The song begins with Bonnie Raitt waiting anxiously for a call. If your phone were to ring right now, who would you expect to be on the other end?
Well, it's 6:45 AM, and my youngest is sleeping over at her bestie's house, so if it were anybody but her it might give me a small heart attack!
2) She likens trying to avoid love to trying to stop the rain. Is rain expected where you are this weekend?
Looks like here on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, rain isn't expected until Thursday. Whew, finally!
3) Bonnie was accepted by Radcliffe College but once she got there, she decided higher education wasn't for her, and she dropped out to become a performer. Tell us about something you're not sorry you walked away from.
I walked away from my very prestigious Ph.D. program with the premier scientist in that field, to go get married and have a family. I have no regrets. We eloped two months after meeting online and will celebrate our 22nd anniversary at the New Year.
4) Bonnie's father was Broadway star John Raitt. Because of his career, the family was based on the East Coast. Once Bonnie got out to the West Coast, she realized she felt more at home and settled in the San Francisco area. Today, do you live far from where you grew up?
No, from Syracuse to Maryland, no. Not currently. But we have been, with everywhere else we've lived up until now: Florida, Guam, Idaho, even Virginia!
5) Prince invited Bonnie to his home, Paisley Park, to discuss working together. The project never happened, but she treasures the memory of her time with a musician she greatly admired. What's your favorite Prince song?
Without hesitation: Kiss
The man was a genius, no doubt about it.
6) When she's on the road, Bonnie likes to order Thai food. What's for dinner tonight at your house?
Tonight was actually a free-for-all kind of night. With us sick and going in different directions, it's everyone for her- or himself. I had a frozen pot pie. They're not bad.
7) In 1994, when this song was popular, ER debuted and became a big hit for NBC. Do you enjoy doctor shows?
I generally do, although I haven't watched a lot of scripted series in recent years. No reason. Chloë (my eldest) does and tells me all about them, though, so perhaps I should.
8) Also in 1994, Olympic figure skating hopeful Nancy Kerrigan was the victim of an attack. Her rival was rumored to be involved. Without looking it up, do you remember the name of that rival?
Who can forget Tonya Harding??!
9) Random question -- Which famous Tom would you rather be seated beside at dinner: Tom Cruise, Tom Jones, or Tom Brady?
Pass. Bring me Tom Hanks or I'm leaving. Ha!
I wish you all a lovely day and bid you adieu.