Saturday 9: Kiss
21 January 2023
Hello, people! I hope you are well.
Okay, I am excited, because "Kiss" by Prince is one of my all-time favorite songs and performances. I love it so much, so I'm thrilled to be doing this week's questionnaire on it.
Are you joining us? If not, you should, and link up here, too. Let's go!
Saturday 9: Kiss (1986)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) In this week's song, Prince insists there's no particular sign he's more compatible with. Do you take astrology seriously?
No, not at all. I mean, I am a virgo and fit a LOT of the virgo profile, but a lot not. I find it to be fluff, just for fun, and sometimes nonsense. No offense to anyone; my beliefs are often treated the same way and, well, that's life.
2) He tells his prospective lover there's no need to be flirty. Are you a good flirt?
Sometimes yes, and sometimes I'd be a complete dumbass and say the stupidest stuff.
3) He refers to the nighttime soap opera Dynasty. Were you a fan?
I didn't really watch Dynasty, but I did watch Falcon Crest sometimes. Mainly because Lorenzo Lamas was so damn cute.
4) "Kiss" was recorded at Sunset Sound Recorders in Hollywood. Built by Walt Disney Studio, it's the studio where the soundtracks to Mary Poppins and 101 Dalmatians were recorded. When you think of Disney movies, what's the first song that comes to mind?
I first thought of "Kiss the Girl" from The Little Mermaid. I love this song - and the video (and the movie)!
5) Prince said he was "obsessed" with Mozart and read everything he could find about the master. Do you often read biographies? If yes, who was the last one about?
I do not read a lot of them, actually. This one, by Ellen, is probably the last one I read - more than 20 years ago!
6) He loved snacking while watching a movie in the theater and would mix Goobers (chocolate-covered peanuts) with his popcorn. When you go to the movies, do you visit the concession counter?
Often, yes, if I've got the spare Ben Franklin. I usually get a giant Diet Coke, a gigantic tub of popcorn for the kids, and I really like to get Sno-Caps at the movies.
7) In 1986, when this song was popular, Peewee's Playhouse premiered. While ostensibly for children, this show had many, many adult viewers. Do you ever watch kids' shows today?
Not currently, but I did a lot when my kids wer a lot younger. My favorite was (and still is) Disney's "Phineas and Ferb," which had so many clever lines and jokes in it.
8) Also in 1986, Sears shoppers were painting their interior walls with "Country Clover," a pale beige with a hint of pink. What color is the room you're in right now?
Like most of the house, it's white. White, white, white. Progress moves slowly.
9) Random question: Do you enjoy pressing the pedal to the metal and driving fast?
I do, and the line of speeding tickets in my wake proves it. Autobahn, here I come!
Well, folks, that's the end. Hope you all have a great week coming up. kisses